Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Branch Manager
Reports to: Vice President, Latin America and Quebec
Location: Val d’Or, Quebec
About the Position:
The Branch Manager is to provide leadership in the development of strategic operating plans, budgets and forecasts of the Val d’Or branch. The Branch Manager will oversee departmental objectives, ensuring customer satisfaction goals are met. The following proficiencies are required:
- Oversee the administration and organizational development of MacLean Val d’Or specific internal processes and procedures (organizational structure, annual goals and objectives, professional employee development)
- Work closely with the VP of Latin America and Quebec in ongoing strategic objectives aimed at project and business improvements
- Responsible for the improvement, development and maintenance of a balanced organizational structure and ensures that adequate human resources are available for the successful and efficient operation of the branch.
- Responsible for staff training and development at the branch
- Ensure operations labour efficiencies are achieved
- Improve and/or redesign current processes/procedures to maximize efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Provide mentoring and coaching of direct reports whether working remotely or on site
- Ensure MacLean policies and procedures are adhered to by employees
- Manage the After Market, Service and Customer Service Team to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and that service levels expected by the customer are delivered
- Manage quality assurance programs
- Manage the 24/7 support requirement of mining operations, as it relates to parts & service & tech support.
- Ensure that employees adhere to Company Health and Safety policies practices and procedures
- Identify issues in efficiencies and suggest improvements
- Submit weekly summary reports on performance and progress of the branch
- Help to streamline and standardize aftermarket service and support offerings with our other branches
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with customers
The successful candidate must have a positive / open-minded team-attitude with excellent communication and time management skills with the following qualifications:
- Post-Secondary education in an Administration or Service Sales Support capacity (Certificate of Qualification of related trade or equivalent)
- Minimum 10 to 15 years of experience in Management preferably in the Mining Industry, Service & Support
- Proven track record in successfully leading teams to achieve corporate objectives
- Previous leadership experience in supervisory/management capacity
- Strong leadership capability with strong emphasis on mentoring and developing people
- Experience in customer OEM environment is preferred
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- High level of integrity, confidentiality
- Effective attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Quick learner and adaptable to an ever-changing environment
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, Dynamics AX 365)
- Business principals and accounting proficiency
- Must be able to travel interprovincially
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract
- Must be bilingual, (French & English)
- Position is based in the Val d’Or, Quebec branch. The successful candidate must be able to physical work at the branch.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for hours worked on the afternoon shift
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $200.00 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company paid uniforms
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.