Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
About the Position: The Warehouse Associate is responsible for off-loading, put-away, picking and staging of material and parts while providing professional quality customer service to all internal and external customers. The Warehouse Associate position requires the following proficiencies:
- Accountable for the movement of all materials within the warehouse and overall appearance
- Safe loading and off-loading of raw materials and finished goods from delivery vehicles
- Read and interpret pick list properly
- Pick orders/parts and pack them according to pick list accurately
- Issue required purchased and manufactured parts to sales orders for shipping as applicable
- Locate and verify materials and supplies listed on production orders
- Review and ensure accuracy of all orders
- Ensure all parts processed by our manufacturing process are properly identified by part number and work order number
- Ensure documentation (pick lists, drawings) accompanies workflow and is handled to completion with correct quantities
- Ensure production is fully stocked with materials and corresponding paperwork
- Ensure all parts processed are retrieved from proper bin location in proper quantity
- Verify all materials to ensure that it coincides with the proper paperwork
- Assist in maintaining inventory accuracy (cycle counts)
- Weekly inspections as assigned
- Maintain an organized work area according to policies, procedures, safety regulations and cleanliness standards ( 5-S housekeeping)
- Other duties as assigned
About You: The successful candidate has a positive attitude, is open minded, willing to learn and is flexible along with the following qualifications:
- Minimum High School Diploma or Certificate of Completion
- Diploma or Degree in a related discipline is an asset
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both verbally and written
- Ability to plan and prioritize while working in a fast-paced team environment
- Flexible to changing priorities and the ability to adjust to deadlines
- Must be bilingual (French and English)
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both French and English
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and our newest facility in Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for afternoon and weekend shift employees
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $150 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.