Position Title: Human Resources Generalist
Reports To: General Manager - Quebec & HR Advisor at Head office
Location: Val d'Or, QC
About the Position: The Human Resources Generalist is an intermediate HR professional who is an enthusiastic and service oriented individual responsible for providing Human Resources support and services to the location they work at. This includes people and culture, employee relations, policy and legislation knowledge, all aspects of administrative tasks, as well as, manage and participate in the recruiting and new hire processes.
Advise and coach leadership regarding employee relations issues in collaboration with HR leadership at our Head Office:
- Act as an advisor and resources person by providing advice on Human Resources related matters, legislation and policy interpretation
- Partner, build and maintain strong working relationships with all leadership; as a “go-to” Advisor for any human resources questions, concerns or issues
- Conduct employee relation investigations, determine appropriate corrective action if any, write and present warning and termination letters
- Handle daily, sensitive human resources issues with confidentiality, professionalism and an applicable knowledge of legislation
- Participate in performance improvement and disciplinary actions
- Counselling employees on issues of concerns, making recommendations to resolve problems
- Participate in the creation, development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures
- Provide support and guidance to leadership on where to locate HR policies, procedures and forms.
- Conduct exit interviews
- Support of lead projects as required.
- Meet with Hiring Manager to discuss their recruiting needs and the recruiting process
- Prepare job postings from the current/up-to-date job description
- Post job postings on internal and external sites, and company bulletin boards
- Create/edit recruitment advertisements for papers, and flyers
- Review resumes and send qualified ones to the hiring manager for their review
- Conduct telephone pre-screens with qualified applicants
- Coordinate, schedule, and facilitate interviews for select departments (mainly production/skilled labour)
- Conduct reference checks
- Prepare job offers and new hire packages
- Conduct HR orientation and take new hire pictures to create an employee number and ID badge
Manage and organize the administrative activities of the Human Resources department including but not limited to:
- Employee file maintenance (Electronic & hard copy)
- New hire set-up in applicant tracking system (ATS) and create and send out new hire email
- Provide employment verification letters and correspondence with the appropriate parties
- Prepare and distribute HR related communications/documents on bulletin boards, including updating our Intranet
- Coordinate, schedule and facilitate HR orientation, internal and external training programs as well as ensure all necessary documentation is maintained and filed as required
- Coordinate job fairs for in-house recruitment and attend off-site fairs hosted by schools or community partners as approved by the management team
- Responsible for all administrative tasks associated with the planning and execution of employee events and meetings; including food and beverage needs, and any other items to ensure the event or meeting runs efficiently
- Act as an ambassador and marketer of the “MEMCO Culture” in the employment community and attend all employee events
- Prepare and provide various reports and other statistics as required and requested by Management (i.e. absenteeism, turnover, recruitment)
- Provide timely responses to employee enquiries as well as responding to day to day internal and external customer inquiries/requests and resolving routine issues
- Assist the Payroll department with administration of group benefits plan when required (i.e. providing employees with necessary documents to add/delete dependents, change beneficiaries, claim submissions, etc.)
- Conduct and coordinate exit interviews for departing employees
About You: The successful candidate must be professional, have proven leadership skills, ability to build strong working relationships, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources Management or Business Administration - Human Resources a must
- Working towards or attained CHRP Designation is an asset
- Minimum five (5) years Human Resources experience, preferably in a generalist role; with experience in employee relations
- Knowledge of and experience with a wide variety of HR practices is required; particularly a strong background in employment legislation, recruitment & selection, employee relations, and performance management
- Must be bilingual (French and English)
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both French and English
- A commitment to providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers combined with a sense of urgency to meet the time specific needs of the business.
- High regard for confidentiality and able to handle situations which require discretion, confidently and professionally.
- Able to be a team player who builds and maintains good working relationships with all levels of employees.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels of employees.
- Excellent organization skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Multicultural awareness and able to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated, energetic, and participative and has good initiative.
- Strong computer skills working with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and the Internet, as well as HRIS and ATS experience.
- Ability to travel to other MEMCO locations, which may include overnight trips
About Us : MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and our newest facility in Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
Hours of work for this position will be 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday with an hour (60) minute unpaid lunch.
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted until June 7, 2019, please apply on-line through our website: macleanengineering.com