Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Field Service Technician
Location: Thompson, MB
MacLean Engineering is looking for a skilled and experienced Field Service Technicians to join our growing team in Thompson, MB. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position:
- Provide expert and disciplined analysis of structural, or mechanical, electrical or hydraulic systems
- Teardown, re-assemble, commission/ test and trouble-shoot MEMCO equipment at customer sites or MEMCO facility, as required
- Execute timely planned work tasks as directed by immediate Supervisor
- Assist the Product Support Manager with the preparation of technical reports, presentations, and repair cost estimates, audits of Customer equipment, etc.
- Develop professional working relationships with key Customer personnel, and communicate any customer organizational or policy change to Service Manager
- Identify potential business (i.e. sales) opportunities, and communicate to the appropriate team (i.e. Sales, Engineering)
The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- Certificate of Qualification as a Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic (HDM) preferred but not necessary as training can be provided for the right candidate. AG and Automotive Journeyman will also be considered.
- Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (HDEM) Certificate of Qualification and Certificate of Apprenticeship or equivalent experience preferred
- Certificate of Qualification from similar trades will be considered
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience as Journey Person, preferably on heavy mobile equipment
- Proficiency reading and interpreting mechanical blueprints, hydraulic assembly drawings and electrical wiring
- Harness and control system schematics
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to be flexible and open to new methods, processes, and technologies
- Ability to work independently or within a team under minimal supervision
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Conflict management and problem-solving skills
- Effectively communicate at a multi-disciplinary level with Engineering, Purchasing and Marketing staff
- Proven leadership skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract
- Willing to work overtime, off-shift and weekends (i.e. respond to after-hour customer calls) if and when required
- Willing and able to travel domestically and/or internationally for extended durations if required (valid passport will eventually be required)
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity, and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $200 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.