Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Field Service Technician
Reports To: Service Manager
Employment Category: Full Time
Location: Creighton, SK
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide expert and disciplined analysis of structural, or mechanical, electrical or hydraulic systems
- Teardown, re-assemble, commission/ test and trouble-shoot MEMCO equipment at customer sites or MEMCO facility, as required
- Execute timely planned work tasks as directed by immediate Supervisor
- Assist the Product Support Manager with the preparation of technical reports, presentations, and repair cost estimates, audits of Customer equipment, etc.
- Develop professional working relationships with key Customer personnel, and communicate any customer organizational or policy change to Service Manager
- Identify potential business (i.e. sales) opportunities, and communicate to the appropriate team (i.e. Sales, Engineering)
- Certificate of Qualification as a Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic (HDM) preferred.
- Current apprenticeship or Certificate of Qualification from similar trade will be considered.
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience as Journey Person within the mining industry, preferably on heavy mobile equipment is preferred.
- Proficiency reading and interpreting mechanical blueprints, hydraulic assembly drawings and electrical wiring
- Harness and control system schematics
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to be flexible and open to new methods, processes and technologies
- Ability to work independently or within a team under minimal supervision
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Conflict management and problem solving skills
- Effectively communicate at a multi-disciplinary level with Engineering, Purchasing and Marketing staff
- Proven leadership skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.