Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
Reports To: Service Manager
Employment Category: Full Time
Location: Creighton, SK
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teardown, re-assemble, commission/ test, and trouble-shoot MEMCO equipment at MEMCO facility, as required.
- Expert and disciplined analysis of structural, or mechanical, electrical or hydraulic system.
- Identify potential business (i.e. sales) opportunities, and communicate to the appropriate team (i.e. Sales, Engineering).
- Develop professional working relationships with key Customer personnel, and communicate any customer organizational or policy change to Service Manager.
- Timely execution of planned work tasks as directed by immediate Supervisor.
- Train Junior Field Service Technicians and Customer service personnel are required.
- Assist the Product Support Manager with the preparation of technical reports, presentations, and repair cost estimates, audits of Customer equipment, etc.
- Certificate of Qualification as a Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic (HDM)
- Minimum 3 years experience as a HDEM or related field
- Ability to work independently or within a team with minimal supervision
- Possess strong interaction and communication skills
- Able to plan and prioritize tasks to ensure timely completion
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical blueprints, hydraulic assembly drawings, electrical wiring harness and control system schematics
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s licence and satisfactory driver’s abstract
- Willing to work overtime, off-shift and weekends (i.e. respond to after-hour customer calls) if and when required.
- Willing to travel domestically and/or internationally if required
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.