Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Field Service Technician - Electrical
Reports To: Field Service Manager
Employment Category: Full Time
Location: Sudbury, ON
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical expertise as may be required, to allow MEMCO to support our line of electric vehicles in the field as well as MEMCO current fleet.
- Troubleshoot to root cause, and make repairs to, high voltage AC motor control circuits, medium voltage, advanced technology battery systems, charging and control circuits, DC logic and control circuits, as well as inverters, converters, power supplies, PLC and microprocessor devices, HMI’s, etc.
- Collect data, and provide feedback and documentation to MEMCO Engineering, as may be required to enhance the capability and reliability of existing battery powered vehicles, or to assist with development of future product line.
- Frequent domestic travel, for extended periods of time, and on short notice. Future international travel may also be required.
- Using schematics, ladder diagrams, manufacturers’ manuals, also verbal recommendations and instruction from MEMCO Engineering, and utilizing multi meters and/or other test equipment, diagnose electrically related vehicle system malfunctions to root cause.
- Execute short term and long term corrective action, to repair and prevent future occurrence of equipment failure.
- Ability to upload, download and trouble shoot PLC and HMI programs and other related software
- Timely preparation and submission of accurate, analytical and comprehensive reports and other documentation.
- Timely execution of a broad range of planned and un-planned work tasks, as may be assigned by the Field Service Manager.
- 309 or 442A Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyperson certificate required
- Additional, electronic circuit, control system and/or PLC training would be an asset
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a licensed Electrical Journeyperson, working within a related field of endeavor
- Previous training and practice following NFPA70E, CSA-Z462 Arc Flash guidelines and procedures
- Must be registered with the Ontario College of Trades, with membership in good standing.
- Must demonstrate an adept ability to read an interpret schematics, ladder diagrams, service manuals.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical and electronic circuits.
- Ability to prepare accurate, analytical and comprehensive reports.
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, and must maintain a clean driving abstract.
- Must either possess a valid international travel Visa, or must qualify to obtain same.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.