Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Data Analyst – MacLean Equipment
Location: This position may be based out of our Collingwood or Sudbury facility and/or remote work could be performed. Occasional travel to our facilities will be required.
MacLean Engineering is looking for a talented and energetic Equipment Data Analyst to add to the existing skills of our Product Management Team. This is a great opportunity to become part of an experienced and professional team of technical people who collectively strive to provide an exceptional level of support and expertise to our customers. If you are looking to be challenged in a dynamic work environment and want to grow your career with a world-renowned company in our industry, this position is for you!
About the Position:
The Equipment Data Analyst evaluates data that comes from the MacLean telemetry system from both diesel and electric underground mining equipment. The role is responsible for reviewing data for quality, working with customers on reporting and working with the telemetry engineering group to improve data functionality. The role requires analyses to be completed for bespoke needs, as well as regular data updates both internally to the company and externally towards customers. The end goal is to get more value out of data; by improving troubleshooting & serviceability of the equipment, forecasting service requirements to greater accuracy and to provide productivity data.
We are looking for a self-starter who is excited about big data sets and wants to get their hands in it to find patterns, correlations and things that are interesting. We are looking for someone who is first and foremost curious and creative on how to figure things out. We need the person in the position to:
- Develop algorithms to automatically flag data for event notices.
- Support technology and vehicle testing at the MacLean Sudbury test mine and customer sites.
- Support new products by highlighting data requirements that bring value to the customer.
- Build datasets of MacLean IQ Series vehicle performance improvements and application cost.
- Develop lifetime operating cost models in collaboration with a few key customers for underground electric equipment.
- Gather customer feedback and performance data to ensure that product reporting meet customer requirements. Work with others to determine what data needs to be on customer reports and how to calculate those KPIs automatically.
- Coordinate data from the market for analysis, research, and design engineering for the successful development of new product offerings.
- Monitor test results of new products to suggest & implement product improvements.
- Participate in the Product Management team to develop and implement plans and actions in accordance with corporate initiatives.
- Stay current on industry developments, competitive offerings and issues affecting sales and customers.
- Provide on-going feedback to the Product Management and telemetry engineering departments.
- Support and advise field service on premature failures of systems and components.
- Occasional travel will be required to the MacLean research and test facility located in Sudbury, customer sites, 3rd party test facilities and/or conferences therefore a valid drivers license is required.
The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- Diploma or Degree in a related discipline
- Strong affinity to number crunching and data analysis
- High level of computer literacy and high proficiency with SQL and Excel is required for the role
- High level of proficiency with VBA for Excel, statistical software (e.g. Minitab, R,) and the MS Office suite is expected.
- Proficiency in Matlab and Autocad considered an asset
- Affinity to mechanical and/or electrical systems is beneficial, prior heavy equipment maintenance and/or reliability experience considered a big asset.
- Exposure to underground mine operating conditions and processes is a big asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of professionalism, honesty, and integrity
- Fluency in French and/or Spanish is considered an asset
- The ability to work outside of “regular” working hours for meetings to support our customers and/or branches globally.
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity, and enduring quality. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- Paid Overtime
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $200 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
This position may be based out of our Collingwood or Sudbury facility and/or remote work could be performed. Occasional travel to our facilities will be required.
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.