Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Intermediate Electronics Designer
Location: Sudbury, ON
MacLean Engineering is looking for talented and energetic Electronics Designer to add to the existing skills of our Engineering team. This is a great opportunity to become part of an experienced and professional team of technical people who collectively strive to provide an exceptional level of design expertise to our customers. If you are looking to be challenged in a dynamic work environment and want to grow your career with a world-renowned company in our industry, this position is for you!
About the Position:
The successful candidate will be working as a member of the Advanced Vehicle Technology team in our Sudbury facility and will be given the opportunity to gain valuable experience, knowledge and exposure in the design, manufacturing, and support of our products. The level of responsibility and specific assignments will be based on the abilities of the candidate.
Our Electronics Designer is responsible for the creation and ongoing improvement of our remote control, video, tele-remote and embedded systems programming and other related areas for mobile machines for the underground hard-rock mining industry. It offers exposure to a variety of different areas (e.g., 5VDC to 24VDC and 4-20mA control systems, PLC program control systems, line of sight and tele-remote systems, panel design, HMI design etc) and the ability to integrate many different pieces of technology to reach the best possible product. The successful candidate will be able to acquire experience working with a strong and experienced team of mobile equipment designers and other electrical systems specialists.
All candidates are expected to:
- Carry out the proper design and selection of components and their integration into the larger system to support the required form, fit and function of the product and to follow applicable standards and regulations
- Detail their design using proper drafting techniques into bills of materials, fabrication/assembly details, and inspection/testing details
- Support their designs by working directly alongside production team members during builds and making the necessary updates via Engineering Change Notices (ECN)
- Create electronics circuits design and PCB designs
- Create C+ chip level programming
- Communicate with other internal departments such as Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Customer Support
- Support the Quality objectives of the company
- Demonstrate leadership and mentorship in the execution of the overall design activities and provide technical oversight to less experienced members to support the goals set by the Product Manager
- Manage their work assigned by their Product Manager with attention to schedule, capacity planning, and other project deliverables
- Increase the productivity and effectiveness of the overall design team by looking for new and improved ways to carry out the required work
The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- Engineering Diploma or Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Eligibility for licensing through OACETT or PEO is preferred
- Preferred experience in the design and / or manufacturing of heavy/mobile/construction type equipment
- Able to use SolidWorks and AutoCAD with preference for those who have certified training completed
- Computer proficient in MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Project, Sharepoint)
- Preference to those who can demonstrate an understanding of manufacturing processes such as machining, welding, assembly
- Able to communicate effectively with others both verbally and in writing with preference for those who can do so in more than one language
- Must have 5+ years of Electronics Design experience
Maclean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. We have three manufacturing facilities in Owen Sound, Collingwood and Barrie, ON. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safe and quality oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry as well as the municipal, environmental and industrial sectors.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.