Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
MacLean Engineering is looking for skilled and experienced Regional Human Resources Manager to join our team in Sudbury, Ontario This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team working cross functionally throughout the organization. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position: The Regional Human Resource Manager is responsible for all the Human Resources functions for our Northern Canadian branches, including Sudbury, Ontario; Val d’Or, Quebec; Thompson, Manitoba; and Creighton, Saskatchewan. The Regional Human Resources Manager will oversee all functions of the HR department. Responsibilities will include but not limited to; Employee Relations, Talent Management Recruitment, New Hire on-boarding, and government regulation compliance. The Regional Human Resources Manager will partner with operating management in defining and implementing business strategies and associated HR/People development initiative.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with Leadership/Management on strategic planning and provide guidance to develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Research current market trends, industry trends, conduct comparative market analysis and propose fair and equitable compensation for roles within the business.
- Provide leadership and coaching to leadership and employees on key workplace matters such as performance management, difficult conversations, employee relations, and employee development
- Participate in the investigations and resolution of employee relation issues
- Administer progressive disciplinary action in accordance with established procedures
- Provide coaching to leadership on the resolution of sensitive employee situations, including performance management and disciplinary as required
- Review & recommend improvements to local policies, procedures, and practices on HR matters
- Work directly with supervisors and managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on HR matters
- Assist the General Manager and HR team with various special projects.
- Provide expert HR advice on issues such as policy application, probation and performance issues, and other HR concerns.
- Consult with legal and escalate more complex issues to the General Manager and or Corporate HR
- Lead one to two HR operational staff who act in both strategic and tactical capacities providing full life-cycle Human Resources support.
- Recruit new employees by strategic planning or headcount requirements (in consultation with management), prepare job postings, target appropriate labour market, screen resumes, interview candidates, and prepare offers of employment.
- In coordination with HR at head office: design, develop, research and facilitate Training & Development programs regarding by targeting policies, and areas of staff development
About You: The successful candidate must be professional, have proven leadership skills, ability to build strong working relationships, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude. Ability to be a team player willing to work closely with other Regional HR Managers and the Management team in Sudbury along with the following qualifications:
- Minimum High School Diploma or Certificate of Completion
- Diploma or Degree in Human Resource Management, or a related discipline is required
- Human Resources Designation is preferred 5+ years in a dedicated HR role with 3+ years of HR management experience
- Demonstrated ability to meet strategic objectives for HR and the organization.
- Employment Law – Applying employment law as it pertains to projects, management of employee, termination, etc.
- Terminations – Preparing termination packages, communicating package to employee
- Employee Relations – Monitoring employee relations, developing new programs to increase employee’s satisfaction.
- Strong working knowledge of the Employment Standards Act and working knowledge of applicable provincial employment regulations and employment law and remain current with legislative requirements to be compliant
- Ability to communicate both written and orally with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to remain professional, calm and objective when dealing with a variety of situations
- Able to handle sensitive situations and with confidentiality and sensitivity
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and respond to changing priorities
- Strong Business acumen
- Bilingual (fluent in English and French)
- Computer literate (MS Office Suite)
About Us: MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.