Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Field Service Technicians
Reports To: Field Service Manager
Employment Category: Full Time
Location: Sudbury, ON - Sudbury Ontario Branch Based (Other Canadian locations will be considered for rotational contracts at remote mine sites)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide expert and disciplined analysis of structural, or mechanical, electrical or hydraulic systems
- Teardown, re-assemble, commission/ test and trouble-shoot MEMCO equipment at customer sites or MEMCO facility, as required
- Execute timely planned work tasks as directed by immediate Supervisor
- Assist the Product Support Manager with the preparation of technical reports, presentations, and repair cost estimates, audits of Customer equipment, etc.
- Develop professional working relationships with key Customer personnel, and communicate any customer organizational or policy change to Service Manager
- Identify potential business (i.e. sales) opportunities, and communicate to the appropriate team (i.e. Sales, Engineering)
- Certificate of Qualification as a Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic (HDM) preferred
- Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (HDEM) Certificate of Qualification and Certificate of Apprenticeship or equivalent experience preferred
- Certificate of Qualification from similar trades will be considered
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience as Journey Person within the mining industry, preferably on heavy mobile equipment
- Proficiency reading and interpreting mechanical blueprints, hydraulic assembly drawings and electrical wiring
- Harness and control system schematics
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to be flexible and open to new methods, processes and technologies
- Ability to work independently or within a team under minimal supervision
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Conflict management and problem solving skills
- Effectively communicate at a multi-disciplinary level with Engineering, Purchasing and Marketing staff
- Proven leadership skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract
- Bilingual in both English and French is an asset
- Willing to work overtime, off-shift and weekends (i.e. respond to after-hour customer calls) if and when required
- Willing and able to travel domestically and/or internationally for extended durations if required (valid passport will eventually be required)
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.