Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Paint Prep (Blast Operator)
Number of Positions: 1
Shift: Weekend Shift (6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Friday through Sunday)
Location: Barrie, Ontario
MacLean Engineering is looking for a skilled and experienced Paint Prep (Blast Operator) to join our growing production team in Barrie, Ontario. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position:
The Paint Prep (Blast Operator) is responsible for preparing components and assemblies for paint in accordance with in-house procedures and helping to ensure paint finish appearance meets quality standards. This position requires the following proficiencies:
- Operate material handling devices such as; overhead crane, gantry crane, and forklift in compliance with applicable safety standards and best practices. Material handling includes safe rigging and transportation of various loads.
- Safely stage/hang parts based upon capacity of rack and material handling equipment.
- Following work center priorities and standard operating procedures; clean, shot-blast, strip, sand, remove corrosion, fill dents or otherwise prepare items for application of paint.
- Clean and mask surfaces as specified on drawings or work instructions to prepare shot-blasted metal parts for painting.
- Clean and maintain paint and blast process equipment and PPE.
- Adopt and practice good housekeeping, 5S, and Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Abide by all applicable regulatory and company-specific safety standards.
- Abide by ISO 9001 Quality Management System and associated procedures.
- Contribute to continual improvement of safety, quality, product, production, and work environment.
- Willing to cross-train in other departments as needed on a temporary basis.
The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- Minimum High School Diploma or Certificate of Completion
- Previous experience operating and maintaining shot blasting equipment in an industrial environment is preferred
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity, and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for Weekend Shift employees
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $200 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
- Eligible to be compensated for 40 hours for the full 36 hours worked for the Weekend Shift
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.