Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Reporting to: Director of Finance
Location: Bayview Drive, Barrie, Ontario
MacLean Engineering is looking to fulfill the newly created role of Senior Internal Auditor to join and add value to our Finance team in Barrie Ontario. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position:
The Senior Internal Auditor position involves the following proficiencies:
- Responsible for documenting & setting up an internal audit program and implementing internal controls/processes/procedures as needed for our Canadian and foreign operations
- Responsible for testing internal controls in accordance with the internal audit program as required
- Responsible for frequent travel to foreign branches/subsidiaries, which includes Australia, South Africa, Mexico, Chile and Peru (travel may be limited and/or restricted both internationally and domestically due to the COVID-19 pandemic)
The successful candidate must be willing to learn, open-minded, flexible, organized, detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- Must have a CPA, CA accounting designation coupled with a minimum of 3 years experience in a related role
- Must be fully bilingual in English and Spanish both written and oral
- A CIA designation is an asset but not necessary
- Experience within a manufacturing company is an asset but not necessary
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 is an asset but not necessary
- Demonstrated experience setting up an internal audit program
- Candidates may be in Public Accounting or any industry with strong audit experience, internal controls exposure and policy procedure writing experience
- The successful incumbent must be assertive with the ability to maintain internal and external relationships
- The successful incumbent requires strong analytical and project management skills, strong Excel knowledge and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a team environment and possess strong organizational skills
- Must possess a valid drivers’ license and passport
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.