Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Logistics Manager – Contract Position
Location: Barrie, Ontario
MacLean Engineering is looking for skilled and experienced Logistics Manager to join our team in Barrie, Ontario for a 6 month contract.
About the Position:
The Logistics Manager is dynamic professional who will have daily input into North American & Global logistical operations focused on optimizing the MacLean transportation network by leveraging existing infrastructure along with available modes of transportation. The goal is to meet customer commitments and provide optimal service and will involve collaborating with Operations, Sales and Manufacturing to continuously improve our service offerings by proactively identifying opportunities for increased efficiency.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Analyze and review transportation service offerings to both customers and vendors to identify opportunities for increased efficiency.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing and Sales to develop plans to address gaps in service and cost.
- Together with Purchasing, periodically review current transportation network to determine alternate ways to service the market.
- Periodically validate current rates with market rates (i.e. RFP).
- Collaborate with the Production and Sales teams to review proposed delivery schedules, order availability and customer commitments and propose economical/appropriate transportation service solutions to meet these requirements.
- Develop scheduled meetings with Sales, Production, and both Domestic and International Branch teams to review opportunities, problems, and solutions involving customer delivery schedules.
- Along with Purchasing negotiate freight rates and services with common carriers and couriers.
- Demonstrate the ability to be extremely client focused and work towards contributing to client retention, through highest service levels which includes providing recommendations and solutions to customer service requests.
- Manage various transportation initiatives.
- Provide solutions to reduce transportation costs.
- Meet with custom’s brokers, common carriers and couriers to explore new service opportunities, review existing service opportunities and manage relations with these suppliers.
- Ensure brokers, carriers and couriers adhere to the terms and conditions stipulated on the agreements or contracts.
- Monitor the on-time performance of the carriers and couriers for departure times and customer deliveries.
- Establish the efficient storage and movement of goods between vendors, warehouses and customers worldwide.
- Manage all intra-warehouse LTL shipments and associated customs paperwork.
- Work with all established customs brokers to ensure that all tariffs are in line and troubleshoot any issues.
The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- Possess a Diploma or Degree in a related discipline is required
- Completion of or current enrolment in the CITP, CITT or related designation would be an asset
- Five to Ten (5-10) years’ experience in the transportation industry
- Five (5) + years of experience working in a customer service capacity (or similar environment) in a fast-paced multi-lingual environment. Previous supervisory experience is preferred
- The ideal candidate will have a strong transportation, logistics and warehousing background with expertise of international importing and exporting including experience with cross-border trucking and customs procedures
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Microsoft AX, Word and Outlook are strong assets. Possess a strong work ethic and commitment to achieve customer satisfaction
- Ability to problem solve using a variety of means and resources
- Proven ability to multi-task and organize a variety of duties and projects with tight timelines.
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.