Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Junior Financial Analyst
Reports to: Director of Finance
Location: Barrie, Ontario
MacLean Engineering is looking for a Junior Financial Analyst to join and add value to our Finance team in Barrie Ontario. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position:
The Junior Financial Analyst position involves the following proficiencies:
- Preparation of day-to-day accounting transactions and monthly financial statements for related Canadian companies.
- Assisting the accounting team as needed in meeting internal and external reporting requirements as well as compliance related tasks in regards to our Canadian and foreign operations.
- Providing an analysis of departmental variances between actual and budgeted expenditures monthly and distributing to department Managers to be discussed further as required.
- Preparation of various quarterly reports.
- Preparation of monthly reconciliations.
The successful candidate must be willing to learn, open-minded, flexible, organized, detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Accounting, or Finance.
- Enrolled in the CPA program is preferred but not required.
- Work experience in an accounting role between 1 to 3 years (ideally in a manufacturing environment).
- Work experience with ERP’s. Preferably Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Advanced Excel knowledge.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a team environment – self-motivated, assertive and organized.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and our newest facility in Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP and GRRSP (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.