Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Purchasing Administrator
Location: This position can be in our Barrie, Collingwood, Owen Sound or Sudbury office. Please indicate your location preference in the screening questions.
MacLean Engineering is looking for a talented and energetic Purchasing Administrator to add to our Purchasing team. If you are looking to be challenged in a dynamic work environment and want to grow your career with a world-renowned company in our industry, this position is for you!
About the Position:
The successful candidate will be required to support purchasing activities by establishing and maintaining good relationships with preferred suppliers to expedite required purchases to ensure components / services are scheduled to maintain production schedule and meet internal / external customers’ needs.
This role will also require the following proficiencies:
- Process purchase orders based on the daily MRP demands
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with approved Suppliers and Subcontractors to effect timely delivery of products
- Expedite purchase orders to ensure timely deliveries
- Working with the Planners, ensure components / services are pre-scheduled with
- Suppliers and expedite purchased part(s) or product(s), as required, to maintain our production schedules and efficient internal / external customer service
- File and route all purchasing documents according to In House Work Instructions
- Communicate with suppliers and vendors for delivery issues, damages and other related discrepancies
- Working with the buyers, ensure the continual supply of products for Production and aftermarket requirements, communicating pricing/delivery/obsolescence or any other issues affecting supply.
- Provide customer service to ensure all internal customers have all necessary and current information
- Assist with processing of Intercompany transfer orders
- Execute efficient and timely expediting and follow-up routines on identified Shortage Lists, Overdue Requirements, Moved-in Schedule for Suppliers, Subcontracts and internal manufactured service components
- Any other relevant duties and activities as assigned by the Purchasing Manager
- Participate as required in any Cross-Functional Development, or Improvement Teams
The successful candidate is willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- Prior experience in purchasing and/or inventory management preferred.
- Proven organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Proven time management skills
- Rudimentary knowledge of negotiation doctrines
- Primary knowledge of problem solving and analytical skills leading to business problem resolution
- Proven ability to communicate professionally and effectively (both oral and written)
- Excellent telephone skills and mannerism
- Continuous Improvement, i.e. providing suggestions leading to cost reduction and / or containment, increased efficiency, increase communication, etc.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a busy, stressful environment
- Team player with the ability to build relationships and to work collaboratively with others.
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
This position can be in our Barrie, Collingwood, Owen Sound or Sudbury office. Please indicate your location preference in the screening questions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.