Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Material Handler
Shift: Weekend Shift - Friday to Sunday 6:00 am – 6:00 pm (3x12 hour shifts)
Location: Barrie, Ontario
MacLean Engineering is looking for skilled and experienced Material Handlers to join our growing aftermarket production team in Barrie Ontario. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team, supplying aftermarket parts for heavy mobile mining equipment to various customers internationally, and to our other Ontario manufacturing plants. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position:
The Material Handler position involves ensuring an efficient flow of parks through our production areas. This position requires the following proficiencies:
- Monitor parts and assemblies to ensure efficient flow of parts for work order(s) and sales order(s) through our production processes, in / out of in-process storage, to and from stock or to shipping, as applicable.
- Ensure all parts processed by our manufacturing process are properly identified by part number and work order number.
- Ensure that on completion of our production processes each work order, for parts that are not being delivered to shipping / receiving is properly closed out.
- Monitor parts and assemblies through our production process and move to in-process storage, the required production process or receiving / shipping as applicable.
- Ensure recorded date, required to verify that parts or components conform to the specified requirements, is filed and maintained, as required or delivered to Receiving with the parts or components, as applicable.
- Ensure all parts processed are properly identified by part number and work order number.
- Attend various training courses or programs as required.
- Assist other departments as directed by Materials Manager.
- Ensure all parts processed are relieved from proper bin location in proper quantity.
- Ensure returned parts receive proper disposition.
The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- 1-3 years of related materials experience (shipping / receiving, inventory, WIP).
- Previous experience with MRP / ERP systems.
- Must have superior organization skills.
- Proven computer skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work co-operatively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing conditions and adjustments to deadlines.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and management skills.
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity, and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for weekend shift employees
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $200 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
- Eligible to be compensated for 40 hours for the full 36 hours worked for the Weekend Shift
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
Positions are for the following shift: Weekend Shift: Friday to Sunday 6:00 am – 6:00 pm (3x12 hour shifts)
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.