Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Machine Operator
Shift: Day Shift – 5:40 a.m. to 3:40 p.m. Monday through Thursday (4 x 10 hour shifts)
Weekend Shift – 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Friday through Sunday (3 x 12 hour shifts)
Location: Barrie, Ontario
MacLean Engineering is looking for a Machine Operator in our Metal-cutting area (saw / burn) to join our growing aftermarket production team in Barrie Ontario. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team, supplying aftermarket parts for heavy mobile mining equipment to various customers internationally, and to our other Ontario manufacturing plants. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position:
This Machine Operator position involves handling raw material with an overhead crane, machine setup, and cutting parts on a band-saw or plasma burn table. This position requires the following proficiencies:
- Identify and handle various raw material using a 5-ton overhead crane and/or forklift as required to load into band-saw or plasma burn table for cutting.
- Cut metal and some plastic parts on a band-saw for conformance to drawing specifications, and verify all dimensions on finished parts.
- Cut metal parts from 4’x8’ metal plate on a Messer Plasma-Arc burn table according to the specifications given.
- Remove slag, edges, and spatter from parts using hand tools and grinders (pneumatic and electric).
- Move parts to designated workstation(s) in priority sequence as required.
- Safely rig and operate 5-ton overhead crane.
- Perform daily operator maintenance checks on equipment and report any concerns to maintenance for correction.
- Identify & document improvement opportunities using established processes.
- Implement and maintain 5S housekeeping principles at all times.
- Cross-train in other departments as available.
- All tools and equipment are company supplied, including PPE and subsidy for boots.
The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, energetic, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- Previous experience working safely in a manufacturing environment operating equipment
- Experience operating a band saw or plasma-arc burn table is an asset
- Forklift and overhead crane experience and certification is an asset.
- Eager and willing to learn and progress.
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 Shift Premium for Weekend Shift employees
- Paid Lunch Break
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $200 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
- Weekend Shift employees are elegible to be compensated for 40 hours for the full 36 hours worked
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
This position is for the following shifts:
- Day Shift – 5:40 a.m. to 3:40 p.m. Monday through Thursday (4 x 10 hour shifts)
- Weekend Shift – 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Friday through Sunday (3 x 12 hour shifts)
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.