Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Industrial Painter
Shift: Weekend Shift – Friday to Sunday 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (3x12 hour shifts)
Location: Barrie, Ontario
MacLean Engineering is looking for a skilled and experienced Industrial Painter to join our growing team in Barrie, Ontario. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team, manufacturing parts for the assembly of heavy mobile equipment for Customers located world wide. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position:
The Industrial Painter is responsible for operating and maintaining an industrial paint booth and spray equipment to apply paint, enamel lacquer, and other non-metallic protective and decorative coatings to surfaces of various products in compliance with all MEMCO policies and procedures. This position requires the following proficiencies:
- Working within an industrial paint booth, safely operate, clean, and maintain all paint spray equipment, including the booth itself, guns, pots, and solvent based cleaner.
- Utilizing handheld spray guns, professionally apply primer and multi-part paint and other non-metallic protective and decorative coatings to surfaces of various component parts.
- Following drawings, select appropriate paint and mix same, using paint mixing equipment according to a pre-determined formula.
- As required, clean, shot-blast, strip, sand, remove corrosion, fill dents or otherwise prepare items for application of paint.
- As required, mask areas using masking tape, magnets, or grease to omit paint as specified.
- Paint smaller items and apply touch-ups using brush methods.
- Operate material handling devices such as overhead cranes, and forklift in compliance with applicable safety standards. Safely utilize various types of rigging for lift and transportation of loads.
- Maintain accurate records utilizing various PC based software applications.
- Cross train within other departments as may be required on temporary basis.
The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or certificate of qualification is required
- Three to five (3-5) years of related industrial/manufacturing and/or auto collision paint experience
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for Weekend Shift employees
- Paid Lunch Break
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $200 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
- Eligible to be compensated for 40 hours for the full 36 hours worked for the Weekend Shift
Positions are for the following shift:
- Weekend Shift – Friday to Sunday 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (3x12 hour shifts)
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.