Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Shipper / Receiver
Day Shift: Monday to Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (5x8 hours shifts)
Afternoon Shift: Monday to Thursday 4:20pm – 2:20am (4x10 hour shifts)
Location: Barrie, Ontario
MacLean Engineering is looking for a skilled and experienced Shippers to join our growing aftermarket warehouse team in Barrie Ontario. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team, supplying aftermarket parts for heavy mobile mining equipment to various customers internationally, and to our other Ontario manufacturing plants. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position:
The Shipper position involves picking, packing, and processing orders and accurate data entry. This position requires the following proficiencies:
- Professionally and accurately package and ship a wide variety of equipment and parts. From small parcels to large crates and skids.
- Coordinate shipments via all couriers and order pickups.
- Ship purchased and manufactured parts, ensuring all are properly identified.
- Record all transactions as specified as per In House work Instruction.
- Ensure all parts processed are properly identified by part number and work order number.
- Promote and participate in Continuous Improvement, such as Lean Manufacturing and 5S principles and objectives etc. in conjunction with Materials Supervisor and/or Lead Hand.
- Maintain compliance with policies and procedures, laws, regulations and/or standards and complete documentation as required.
- Identify and prioritize issues requiring escalation to the Materials Supervisor.
- Assist other departments as directed by the Materials Supervisor and/or Lead Hand.
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- 3+ years related materials experience (shipping/receiving, inventory, WIP)
- Previous experience with MRP/ERP systems
- Proven computer skills
- Proven organization skills
- Self-motivated, able to work to and set priorities
- Team player, able to communicate and work co-operatively with all levels of the organization
- Flexibility to adapt to changing conditions and adjustments to deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced multi-task, participative, team environment
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity, and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for Afternoon Shift employees
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $200 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
Positions are for the following shifts:
Day Shift – Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. (5x8 hours shifts)
Afternoon Shift – Monday to Thursday, 4:20pm - 2:20am (4x10 hour shifts)
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.