Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: CNC Machinists
Shift: Day Shift – 5:40 a.m. to 3:40 p.m. Monday through Thursday (4 x 10 hour shifts)
Location: Barrie, Ontario
MacLean Engineering is looking for skilled CNC Machinists to join our growing aftermarket production team in Barrie Ontario. This is a great opportunity to be part of a small growing team, supplying aftermarket parts for heavy mobile mining equipment to various customers internationally, and to our other Ontario manufacturing plants. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position:
The CNC Machinist position involves setup and machining of a wide variety of components and requires the following proficiencies:
- Setup and machine a wide variety of metal and plastic components on various Fanuc-based CNC machines, Including, Haas VMC’s (VF-3, VF-5), Daewoo HMC, Okuma Lathes (Captain). Cross-training and workcentre rotation is planned to allow employees to develop competence in all workcentres.
- Setup machine tools, offsets, and jigs according to CNC Setup sheets or as required to achieve part tolerances.
- Machine and inspect components for conformance according to dimensions and tolerances prescribed on ‘3rd angle projection’ engineering drawings or other specifications as applicable.
- Interpret CNC machine code for troubleshooting, and communication to CNC Programmers.
- Operate manual machining equipment as required.
- Perform daily operator maintenance checks on equipment and report any concerns to maintenance for correction.
- Calibrate measurement instruments as required in compliance with company procedures.
- Safely rig and operate 5-ton overhead crane.
- Identify & document improvement opportunities using established processes.
- Implement and maintain 5S housekeeping principles at all times.
- Cross-train in other departments as available.
- All tools and equipment are company supplied, including PPE and subsidy for boots.
The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience as a Machinist, or associated trade (i.e. Tool & Die Maker, Mold Maker, etc.).
- 3+ years of experience autonomously setting up and running CNC machines.
- 3+ years of experience autonomously setting up and running manual machines.
- Crane Operator training and certification.
- Experience with Fanuc controls, and with Haas, Okuma, Daewoo is an asset.
- COQ (or equivalent) as machinist or associated trade is an asset.
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and our newest facility in Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Paid Lunch Break
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $200 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
This position is for the following shift:
- Day Shift – 5:40 a.m. to 3:40 p.m. Monday through Thursday (4 x 10 hour shifts)
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.