Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Location: Owen Sound, ON
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is looking for an Account Manager to join our Diversified team at our Owen Sound, ON manufacturing facility. We are seeking an ambitious and progressive candidate to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team that delivers a leading-edge all seasons performance product used by municipalities and contractors across Canada and the United States.
About the Position:
The successful candidate will report to the Technical Sales and Product Development Manager with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Effectively maximize the annual sales of MacLean Diversified Product lines, including the MV (Municipal Vehicle) and Attachments and attachments for other brands of tractors through an assigned sales territory
- Responsible for identifying and establishing new dealers using the MacLean Dealer establishment process and successfully manage their performance relative to their Dealer Operating Plan
- Establish / maintain Dealer Network in areas designated as dealer territories
- Establish relationships with end users in areas designated as Direct Sales Territories
- Manage new equipment and parts sales, including a review of all orders and submission of required paperwork
- Manage consignment and demo inventory
- Develop Dealer Operating Plans annually for each dealer
- Report on performance to objectives – Volumes, Price Levels, Delivery, Inventory
- Assist with the compilation of tender documentation, pricing strategies and the supply of marketing material to Dealer
- Report on competitive activity
- Prepare daily and / or monthly sales reports
- Develop successful strategies for municipal bids and sales with each individual dealer in each assigned sales territory
- Complete municipal bid documents and related required forms in an accurate and complete fashion
- Collect and report on Customer Feedback and needs regarding product development
- Network with other industry professionals
- Conduct Dealer and End user training presentations
- Develop a strong working knowledge of MacLean Products as well as all competitive products
- Conduct product demonstrations with end users (and dealers in areas designated as dealer territories)
- Must be fully commiserate in the set up, operation and maintenance of all MacLean Diversified Product Lines and capable of operating the equipment in a “hands on” fashion.
- Maintain a complete file for all sales, bids and sales opportunities in the assigned territory, including information on pricing and sales of MacLean and competitive products
- Required to travel both throughout Canada and the United States
The successful candidate has a positive attitude, is open minded, willing to learn and is flexible along with the following qualifications:
- Business or Marketing Degree preferred
- CET or Mechanical Engineering designation is an asset
- 5+ years experience in the sale of Municipal or Construction Equipment is preferred
- Experience in the service or maintenance of Municipal or Construction Equipment
- Experience in establishing and managing a dealer network is an asset
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency with MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of professionalism, honesty and integrity with strong customer focus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Possess valid class “A” driver’s license and driver’s abstract
- Must be able to operate a truck and trailer
- Possess valid passport and able to travel across Canada/US borders
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for almost 50 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for hours worked on the afternoon shift
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $200.00 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company paid uniforms
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.