Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Manufacturing Engineering
Shift: Day Shift
Location: Owen Sound, ON
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our Manufacturing Engineering team at our Owen Sound, ON manufacturing facility. We are seeking an ambitious and progressive candidate to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team that manufactures heavy duty mobile mining vehicles for our customers worldwide..
About the Position
The Manufacturing Engineering position role is to be the liaison between Engineering and the Manufacturing teams with a focus on improving manufacturing processes to increase productivity and reduce costs as well as develop strategies for improving quality and reducing defects. The position also requires the following proficiencies:
- Proficient in all duties of MPE, Level 1 plus
- Respond to problems / exceptions and initiate NCR, interim actions, and containment. Provide leadership and guidance to peers & peer groups
- Coordinate containment in multiple facilities and branches as required
- Assess urgency and severity of issues and implement measurable and sustainable corrective actions
- Communicate 'Operator Error' to Operator group(s) without confrontation and work constructively to accomplish correction and change culture as applicable
- Perform detailed Root Cause Analysis to identify true root cause & associated corrective actions to permanently correct known problems
- Manage small / intermediate projects pertaining to Product, Process, Facilities, Systems, and other categories as assigned
- Create & implement drawing standards within MPE and consult with other peer groups to implement same
- Create & implement concise SOP and detailed Work Instructions within all departments as required concisely and audit for conformance
- Communicate with Vendors to identify Root Cause and audit effectiveness of corrective actions. Attend vendor facilities as required to resolve issues
- Lead Internal Quality Audits, including scheduling, delegation, and reporting
- Create and revise SOP's according to current and revised practices
- Participate in / assist with CWB audits, including scheduling and reporting
- Conduct PDI confidently, assertively, and autonomously. Identify, create & implement MQS and other associated corrective actions to reduce PDI issue recurrence & improve overall rig Quality performance
- Independently & confidently assess manufacturability & apply routing structure and standard times accurately and independently within the PDM. Analyze / adjust standard times as required
- Perform ECN revisions & process within PDM for approval
- Provide accurate Contract Manufacturing estimation & quotation & manage quoted product from initiation to completion
- Identify improvement opportunities, present ROI and justification to all levels of management, manage implementation, and measure results
The successful candidate has a positive attitude, is open minded, willing to learn and is flexible along with the following qualifications:
- Trade Certification in any recognized discipline would be an asset
- Training / certification in SolidWorks, AutoCAD, MS Excel, MS Project is an asset
- Training / certification in drawing / drafting Techniques, Root Cause Analysis, Value Stream Mapping, Process Flow definition, Project Management, Planning & Scheduling, Manufacturing Estimating is an asset
- 2-5 years experience using SolidWorks or AutoCAD
- 2-5 years hands on experience and exposure in a conventional Heavy Equipment Manufacturing environment OR 3+ years Experience working in any Manufacturing or Industrial setting
- Trade experience welding and fabrication is desirable
- 1-3 years experience with CWB 47.1/AWS D1.1 or equal welding processes and procedures is required
- Experience in IS0 9001
About Us MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for almost 50 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and our newest facility in Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for hours worked on the afternoon shift
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $200.00 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company paid uniforms
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.