Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position: Mechanical Sub Assembler
Shift: Day Shift – 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (5 x 8-hour shifts, Monday to Friday)
Afternoon Shift – 4:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. (4 x 10-hour shifts, Monday to Thursday)
Location: Owen Sound, ON
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is looking for Mechanical Sub Assemblers to join our Production team at our Owen Sound, ON manufacturing facility. We are seeking an ambitious and progressive candidate to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team that manufactures heavy duty mobile mining vehicles for our customers worldwide.
About the Position:
The Mechanical Sub Assembler position is responsible for sub assembling and assembling a wide range of mechanical and hydraulic products to engineering specifications. The position also requires the following proficiencies:
- Read and interpret basic engineering drawings/specifications.
- Operate material handling devices such as; overhead crane and gantry crane in compliance with applicable safety standards and best practices. Material handling includes safe rigging and transportation of various loads.
- Load and handle various work pieces as required using safe work practices, including appropriate selection of work holding apparatus.
- Accurately verify component fit-up and adjust within specification as required.
- Perform required adjustments and repairs to sub-assemblies and finished product as specified.
- Use of various pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical tools in compliance with applicable safety standards and best practices.
- Assemble, fit, and install basic mechanical and hydraulic sub-assemblies and components.
- Perform accurate labor booking as directed by department Supervisors.
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities.
- Able to comprehend and perform mechanical and hydraulic tasks on advanced sub-assemblies with minimal supervision.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering as required to communicate details of non-conformances found during the shift, and to help formulate corrective action taken.
- General familiarity with MEMCO parts and products in order to troubleshoot in other departments.
- Setup and operation of assembly-specific tools.
- Assemble, prepare and install basic sub-assembly components.
- Assemble and prepare (cut to length, crimp and label) hydraulic hose to meet quality standards.
- Ability to select, align, and secure fixtures, tooling, attachments and materials as required for assembly to specification.
- Verify functionality, compliance, and testing of components and sub-assemblies.
- Document serial numbers and accurately identify parts using systems established in sub-assembly department and in other departments.
- Adopt and practice good housekeeping and 5S principles.
- Abide by all applicable regulatory and company-specific safety standards.
- Abide by ISO 9001 Quality Management System and associated procedures.
- Willing to cross-train in other departments as needed on a temporary basis.
The successful candidate has a positive attitude, is open minded, willing to learn and is flexible along with the following qualifications:
- Minimum High School Education or Certificate of Completion
- Diploma or Degree in a related discipline is preferred
- Previous mechanical experience specific to the above listed responsibilities
- Previous computer experience (MS Office) is an asset
Maclean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity, and enduring quality. We have three manufacturing facilities in Owen Sound, Collingwood, and Barrie, ON.
Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safe and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for hours worked on the afternoon shift
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $200.00 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company paid uniforms
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.