Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Facilities Millwright
Shift: Day Shift – 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. (5 x 8-hour shifts, Monday to Friday)
Location: Owen Sound, ON
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is looking for a Facilities Millwright to join our Facilities team at our Owen Sound, ON manufacturing facility. We are seeking an ambitious and progressive candidate to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team that manufactures heavy duty mobile mining vehicles for our customers worldwide.
About the Position:
The Facilities Millwright position requires the following proficiencies:
- Responsible for upkeep, preventive maintenance, machine break downs to support production.
- Troubleshooting and prompting safe repairs of various production equipment and building assets.
- Conduct preventative maintenance of equipment, building assets, and facilities as scheduled and assigned.
- Perform project work as assigned using various construction/trade skillsets.
- Safe and competent operation of scissor lift, forklift, overhead crane, articulating municipal vehicles, snow blower, etc.
- Respond to pages for maintenance support from production, warehouse, and office environments.
- Perform daily/weekly inspections (i.e. fire extinguishers, eyewash stations, forklift, crane, etc.)
- Be familiar with using company-supplied tools (i.e. impact gun, torches, welding equipment, measurement equipment, etc.)
- Assist with snow removal and grounds maintenance as required, using municipal vehicle and attachments, snow blower, shovel, de-icing, lawn mower, etc.
- Ability to provide emergency support as needed/during off-hours and/or weekends.
- Identify and document improvement opportunities using established processes.
- Always implement and maintain 5S housekeeping
- Cross-train in other departments as available.
The successful candidate has a positive attitude, is open minded, willing to learn and is flexible along with the following qualifications:
- Licensed Industrial Millwright Certificate of Qualification mandatory
- Five (5) + years of experience with equipment and facilities maintenance, preventative maintenance, and general handy work in a manufacturing environment.
- Forklift, Overhead Crane & Slinging, Fall-Arrest, and Working at Heights experience an asset.
Maclean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity, and enduring quality. We have three manufacturing facilities in Owen Sound, Collingwood, and Barrie, ON.
Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safe and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for hours worked on the afternoon shift
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $200.00 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company paid uniforms
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.