Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Machinist
Shifts: Day Shift – 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (5 x 8-hour shifts, Monday to Friday)
Afternoon Shift – 4:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. (4 x 10-hour shifts, Monday to Thursday)
Location: Owen Sound, ON
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is looking for a MACHINIST to join our Production team at our Owen Sound, ON manufacturing facility. We are seeking an ambitious and progressive candidate to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team that manufactures heavy duty mobile mining vehicles for our customers worldwide.
About the Position:
The Machinist position is responsible for setup, machining, and inspecting a wide variety of ferrous and nonferrous metal and plastic parts, weldments, or assemblies with procession to engineering specifications in compliance with all MEMCO policies and procedures. The position also requires the following proficiencies:
- Following work centre priorities, Read and interpret engineered drawings and other documentation to determine layout, setup and machining of component parts
- Set up, operate, and maintain a machine work centre, to perform precision machining operations with minimal supervision.
- Interpret CNC machine code for troubleshooting and executing existing programs for use by machining tool operators.
- Correct selection and setup of machine tools, work holding and measurement devices
- Accurately verify and record dimensions of component parts for specification conformance using precision measuring instruments.
- Calibrate precision measuring instrument as specified in calibration procedures.
- Operate material handling devices such as; overhead crane and gantry crane in compliance with applicable safety standards and best practices. Material handling includes safe rigging and transportation of various loads.
- Adopt and practice good housekeeping, 5S, and Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Identify and actively taking part in opportunities for improvement (i.e. jigs, tooling, manufacturing alternatives)
- Assist other Machinists with tool and work piece setup as required
- Abide by all applicable regulatory and company-specific standards.
- Abide by ISO 9001 Quality Management System and associated procedures.
- Contribute to continual improvement of safety, quality, product, production, and work environment.
- Willing to cross-train in another department as needed on a temporary basis.
The successful candidate has a positive attitude, is open minded, willing to learn and is flexible along with the following qualifications:
- Certificate of Qualification as a General Machinist or Tool & Die Maker
- Five (5) + years’ experience as a licensed Machinist or Tool & Die Maker
- Experience with Fadal, Haas, Okuma, Romi and Daewoo is an preferred
- Experience with both CNC and conventional machine shop equipment is preferred
Maclean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. We have three manufacturing facilities in Owen Sound, Collingwood and Barrie, ON.
Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safe and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry as well as the municipal, environmental and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for hours worked on the afternoon shift
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $200.00 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company paid uniforms
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.