Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: CWB Certified Welders
Afternoon Shift – 4:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. (4 x 10-hour shifts, Monday to Thursday)
* Employees are eligible to be compensated for 40 hours for the full 36 hours
worked for the Weekend Shift*
Location: Owen Sound, ON
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is looking for experienced CWB Certified Welders to join our production team at our Owen Sound, ON manufacturing facility. We are seeking ambitious and progressive candidates to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team fabricating parts and manufacturing heavy duty mobile mining vehicles for our customers worldwide.
About the Position:
This position is responsible for operating welding equipment to weld ferrous and non-ferrous metals according to engineering specifications in compliance with all MEMCO policies and procedures:
- Read and interpret Engineering drawings, blueprints, or welding process specifications with minimal supervision
- Competent to weld and successfully pass all parts that require NDE weld inspection
- Fit and weld all frames, decks, and booms
- Operate manual and semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas metal arc (GMAW), flux-cored arc (FAW), shielded metal arc (SMAW), and oxy-acetylene (OAW)
- Operate hand and bench grinder to shape and prepare metal parts for welding
- Operate metal shaping and cutting machines such as a bandsaw, and other metal straightening and bending machines
- Operate flame/plasma cutting equipment for repairs
- Operate material handling devices such as; overhead crane, gantry crane, and forklift in compliance with applicable safety standards and best practices. Material handling includes safe rigging and transportation of various loads
- Assist with equipment and produced repairs as needed
- Document Engineering Change Requests according to applicable procedures under direction of Supervisor
- Lead by example with good housekeeping. 5S, and Lean Manufacturing principles
- Ability to work independently and perform fitting and welding tasks with a high level of competence and designated by the Supervisor
- Conduct welding, repair, and inspection of all structural joints to CWB standards
- Abide by all applicable regulatory & company-specific safety standards
- Abide by ISO 9001 Quality Management System and associated procedures
- Contribute to continual improvement of safety, quality, product, production, work environment, and lead by example to others
- Willing to cross-train in other departments as needed on a temporary basis
The successful candidate has a positive attitude, is open minded, willing to learn and is flexible with the following qualifications:
- Minimum High School Diploma or Certificate of Completion
- Completion of a C of Q in welding or some college/industry courses in welding is preferred
- Previous or current holder CWB GMAW certificate
- Ten (10) + years’ experience fitting and welding required and/or experience
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and our newest facility in Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for afternoon and weekend shift employees
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $150 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.