Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Electrical Assembler
Shifts Available: Afternoon Shift – 4:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. (4 x 10-hour shifts, Monday to Thursday)
Location: Owen Sound, ON
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is looking for an ELECTRICAL ASSEMBLER to join our Production team at our Owen Sound, ON manufacturing facility. We are seeking an ambitious and progressive candidate to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team that manufactures heavy duty mobile mining vehicles for our customers worldwide.
About the Position:
The Electrical Assembler position is responsible for assembly and installation of electrical equipment, parts, and components. Performing various tests of electrical parts and components to ensure conformance to prescribes standards in compliance with all MEMCO policies and procedures. The position also requires the following proficiencies:
- Read and interpret engineering drawings/schematics to build, install, and test various electrical circuits, panels, and assemblies.
- Perform fabrication functions on enclosures such as; drilling, screwing, sealing, and stamping.
- Perform basic continuity testing to ensure workmanship and materials.
- Operate testing equipment (i.e. Multimeter) to inspect and troubleshoot final assembly/circuits, panels, and assemblies in compliance to engineering specifications and applicable safety standards.
- Start up, troubleshoot, test and document all control systems associated with capital equipment.
- Check mechanical dimensions and perform “go-no-go” electrical tests.
- Operate material handling devices such as; overhead crane and gantry crane and forklift in compliance with applicable safety standards and best practices. Material handling includes safe rigging and transportation of various loads.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering as required to communicate details of non-conformances found during the shift, and to help formulate corrective action taken.
- Adopt and practice good housekeeping and 5S principles.
- Advise on proper operating of parts, assemblies, systems, and equipment.
- Operate articulating vehicles (on company property) to perform inspection and testing to ensure safety, quality, and functionality of various assemblies and finished products.
- Ability to work independently and perform all Electrical job tasks with a high level of competence.
- Abide by all applicable regulatory and company-specific safety standards.
- Abide by ISO 9001 Quality Management System and associated procedures.
- Contribute to continual improvement of safety, quality, product, production, and work environment.
- Willing to cross-train in other departments as needed on a temporary basis
The successful candidate has a positive attitude, is open minded, willing to learn and is flexible along with the following qualifications:
- Diploma or Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology/Techniques is preferred
- 442A or 309 industrial or commercial certificate of qualification is preferred
- Three to Five (3-5) years’ experience as a Licensed Electrician
- Previous computer experience (MS Office) is an asset
Maclean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. We have three manufacturing facilities in Owen Sound, Collingwood and Barrie, ON.
Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safe and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry as well as the municipal, environmental and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for hours worked on the afternoon shift
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $200.00 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company paid uniforms
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.