Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Electrical Assemblers
Day Shift - 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (5 x 8-hour shifts, Monday to Friday)
Afternoon Shift – 4:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. (4 x 10-hour shifts, Monday to Thursday)
Weekend Shift - 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (3 x 12-hour shifts, Friday to Sunday)
* Employees are eligible to be compensated for 40 hours for the full 36 hours worked for the Weekend Shift*
Location: 1000 6TH Street East, Owen Sound, ON
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is looking for Electrical Assemblers to join our production team at our Owen Sound, ON manufacturing facility. We are seeking an ambitious and progressive candidate to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
About the Position:
This position involve building, installing, testing and debugging a wide variety of electrical devices and control systems. This position requires the following proficiencies:
- Competently interpret detailed electrical circuit schematics and wiring diagrams
- Cut wire and multi-conductor cable to exact dimensions, and affix identification markers, and wire termination devices such as crimp connectors, solder lugs, multi-pin connectors, and coaxial connectors as per drawing specification
- Layout, drill, punch, and label a multitude of junction boxes and control panels.
- Install pilot lights, push buttons, selector switches and Operator interface devices, DIN rail, relays and other modules within the junction boxes and control panels
- Methodically and meticulously route wires, and interconnect electrical components and devices as per schematic, following strict methods and procedures.
- Install junction boxes and control panels.
- Install peripheral devices, such as batteries, vehicle lighting systems, engine control, AC panels, compressors, motors, camera systems, CANBUS
- Troubleshoot control system and peripheral device malfunctions, reworking and repairing found deficiencies as required.
- Conduct final test procedures on finished product, documenting results for review by our Engineering team
- Safely rig and operate cranes and other material handling equipment
- Perform daily operator maintenance checks on equipment and report any concerns to maintenance for correction.
- Identify & document improvement opportunities using established processes.
- Implement and maintain 5S housekeeping principles at all times.
- All tools and equipment are company supplied
The successful candidate has a positive attitude, is open minded, willing to learn and is flexible along with the following qualifications:
- Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma or Electrical Techniques Program Certificate is an asset
- 3+ years of related heavy equipment manufacturing experience, building, installing, testing and debugging control systems and peripheral electrical devices is an asset
- Soldering, crimping and manually assembling various electrical wires and components
Maclean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. We have three manufacturing facilities in Owen Sound, Collingwood and Barrie, ON. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safe and quality oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry as well as the municipal, environmental and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for afternoon and weekend shift employees
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $150 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.