Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Production Planner
Weekend Shift: 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (3 x 12-hour shifts, Friday to Sunday)
Employees are eligible to be compensated for 40 hours for the full 36 hours
worked for the Weekend Shift.
Location: Owen Sound, ON
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is looking for a Production Planner to join our production team at our Owen Sound, ON manufacturing facility. We are seeking ambitious and progressive candidates to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team fabricating parts and manufacturing heavy duty mobile mining vehicles for our customers worldwide.
About the Position: The Production Planner position requires the following proficiencies:
- Produce work orders manually as directed by the Plant Manager
- Monitor and update production boards
- Monitor production plans and review released work orders to ensure accuracy of shop floor information daily
- Monitor and maintain integrity of Kanban system, produce work orders via Kanban signals
- Process ECN’s to review system requirements and ensure revised drawings/kits are removed from the shop floor, properly disposed and replaced with current revisions
- Manually adjust work order requirements as directed by the Master Scheduler and/or Plant Manager
- Process inquires for expedited orders by providing delivery estimates and feasibility
- Review planned and released work orders and work centre loading daily to ensure work centre activities support work order requirements for maximum throughput
- Identify bottleneck areas of production and report to supervision and management as well as assist with resolutions to ensure work orders are met respective of priorities
- Develop and implement plans to decrease manufacturing lead times, costs and waste
- Abide by all applicable regulatory & company-specific safety standards
The successful candidate has a positive attitude, is open minded, willing to learn and is flexible along with the following qualifications:
- College Diploma in Business Administration preferred but not required
- Previous experience working with MRP/ERP software (Dynamic AX 2012)
- 5+ years’ experience with production planning in heavy equipment manufacturing setting
- Demonstrate initiative with Continuous Improvement, i.e. providing suggestions leading to cost reduction and/or containment, increased efficiency, increased communication, etc.
- Proven organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills (i.e. Excel and other MS Office suite programs)
Maclean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. We have three manufacturing facilities in Owen Sound, Collingwood and Barrie, ON. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safe and quality oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry as well as the municipal, environmental and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for afternoon and weekend shift employees
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $150 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.