Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Paint Prep Operator
Afternoon Shift: 4:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. (4x 10-hour shifts, Monday to Thursday)
Weekend Shift: 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (3 x 12-hour shifts, Friday to Sunday)
*Employees are eligible to be compensated for 40 hours for the full 36 hours worked for the Weekend Shift*
Location: 1000 6TH Street East, Owen Sound, Ontario
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is looking for a Paint Prep Operator to join our production team at our Owen Sound, ON manufacturing facility. We are seeking ambitious and progressive candidates to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a growing team fabricating parts and manufacturing heavy duty mobile mining vehicles for our customers worldwide.
About the Position:
This position will require proficient, correct, timely and safe execution of the following work tasks:
- Operate material handling devices such as: overhead crane(s), gantry crane(s), forklift in compliance with applicable safety standards & best practices. Material handling includes safe rigging & transport of various loads
- Safely stage / hang parts for shot blasting & painting using carts and saw horses
- Operate ‘metal shot blasting’ equipment in an engineered blasting booth to prepare metal parts for painting
- Clean / mask surfaces as specified on drawings or work instructions to prepare shot-blasted metal parts for painting
- Assist painter to spray ‘isocyanate-free’ primer / paint in engineered paint booth using HVLP hand-held spray gun
- Assist painter with mixing paint / primer as specified
- Clean & maintain paint process equipment and PPE as specified
- Coordinate material and jobs as per production requirements
- Book labour & production status using a touch-screen computer as specified on work instructions
- Wear applicable PPE at all times, including ‘Man down’ motion sensing device
- Maintain a clean and organized work area in 5-S work environment
- Abide by all applicable regulatory & company-specific safety standards
The successful candidate has a positive attitude, is open minded, willing to learn and is flexible along with the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or certificate of completion
- Crane / Forklift certification
- 2+ years operating / maintaining shot blasting and paint equipment
- 3+ years rigging, crane, and forklift
- Proven experience working safely in a paint and material handling environment
- Some experience mixing paint
- Some experience working in an organized 5-s environment
- Some experience working with work orders and drawings
- Able to work well in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and our newest facility in Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for afternoon and weekend shift employees
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $150 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.