Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Mechanical Assemblers
Day Shift: 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (5 x 8-hour shifts, Monday to Friday)
Afternoon Shift: 4:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. (4 x 10-hour shifts, Monday to Thursday)
Location: 1000 6th Street East, Owen Sound, ON
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is looking for Mechanical Assemblers to join our production team at our Owen Sound, ON manufacturing facility. We are seeking ambitious and progressive candidates to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team fabricating parts and manufacturing heavy duty mobile mining vehicles for our customers worldwide.
About the Position:
The Mechanical Assembler position requires the following proficiencies:
- Assemble a wide variety of mechanical components to engineering specifications, which includes checking/testing and inspecting sub-assemblies and finished products to ensure proper quality and product specifications in compliance with all Company policies and procedures
- Read & interpret Engineering drawings: mechanical assembly and hydraulic schematic / circuits
- Assemble, fit and install prefabricated & purchased parts to form sub-assemblies or finished products per mechanical assembly drawings, or as directed by Team Leader
- Assemble hydraulic systems (including hose routing) and manufacture hose / fittings per schematic drawings / specification
- Operate various pneumatic, hydraulic, electric, and mechanical tools in compliance with applicable safety standards and best practices
- Operate material handling devices such as: overhead crane(s), gantry crane(s). Material handling includes safe rigging and transport of various loads
- Inspect component parts and finished product, to ensure product quality meets Company and Customer expectations
- Operate articulating vehicles to perform various functions, including testing
- Perform inspection and testing to ensure safety, quality, and functionality of various assemblies and finished products
- Perform minor adjustments and repairs to assemblies and finished product as specified
- Document Engineering Change Requests according to applicable procedures under direction of Team Leader
- Abide by all applicable regulatory and Company specific safety standards
- Willing to cross-train in other departments as needed on a temporary basis
The successful candidate has a positive attitude, is open minded, willing to learn and is flexible along with the following qualifications:
- Licenced Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic, Truck and Coach Mechanic, Auto-Mechanic, or Millwright Journeyperson, or a Mechanical Technician or Technologist, with 3+ years of related heavy duty mobile vehicle manufacturing experience preferred
- Previous experience assembling, fitting and installing prefabricated parts to form subassemblies or finished heavy mobile equipment is an asset
- Mechanically inclined
- Strong attention to detail
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and our newest facility in Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for afternoon and weekend shift employees
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $150 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.