Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Mechanical Assemblers
Day Shift: 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (5 x 8-hour shifts, Monday to Friday)
Afternoon Shift: 4:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. (4 x 10-hour shifts, Monday to Thursday)
Location: 1000 6th Street East, Owen Sound, ON
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is looking for Mechanical Assemblers to join our production team at our Owen Sound, ON manufacturing facility. We are seeking ambitious and progressive candidates to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team fabricating parts and manufacturing heavy duty mobile mining vehicles for our customers worldwide.
About the Position: The Mechanical Assembler is responsible for assembling a wide variety of mechanical components to engineering specifications. This includes checking, testing, and inspecting subassemblies and finished products to ensure proper quality and product specifications in compliance with all MEMCO policies and procedures:
- Read and interpret Engineering drawings/schematics to build and install various mechanical and hydraulic assemblies, circuits and systems
- Assemble, fit, and install prefabricated and purchased parts to form subassemblies or finished products per mechanical assembly drawings, or as directed by Assembly Supervisor
- Assemble hydraulic systems (including hose routing) and manufacture hose/fittings per schematic drawings/specifications, or as directed by Assembly Supervisor
- Use of various pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical tools in compliance with applicable safety standards and best practices
- Operate material handling devices such as; overhead crane and gantry crane in compliance with applicable safety standards and best practices. Material handling includes safe rigging and transportation of various loads
- Ensure quality and functionality of various assemblies & finished products
- Perform minor adjustments and repairs to assemblies and finished products as specified
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering as required to communicate details of non-conformances found during the shift, and to help formulate corrective action taken
- Adopt and practice good housekeeping & 5S principles
- Ability to quickly grasp Mechanical and Hydraulic assembly concepts
- Abide by all applicable regulatory and company-specific safety standards
- Abide by ISO 9001 Quality Management System and associated procedures
- Contribute to continual improvement for safety, quality, product, production, and work environment
- Willing to cross-train in other departments as needed on a temporary basis
About You: The successful candidate has a positive attitude, is open minded, willing to learn and is flexible along with the following qualifications:
- Diploma or Degree in a related discipline is preferred
- One to Two (1-2) years’ experience specific to the above listed responsibilities
- Previous computer experience (MS Office) is an asset
About Us: MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and Barrie, Ontario.
Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safe and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry as well as the municipal, environmental and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for the afternoon and weekend shift employees
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $150 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company paid uniforms
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.