Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Material Handler
Shifts Available: Day Shift – 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (5 x 8-hour shifts, Monday to Friday)
Afternoon Shift – 4:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. (4 x 10-hour shifts, Monday to Thursday)
Location: Owen Sound, ON
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is looking for a MATERIAL HANDLER to join our Production team at our Owen Sound, ON manufacturing facility. We are seeking an ambitious and progressive candidate to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team that manufactures heavy duty mobile mining vehicles for our customers worldwide.
About the Position:
The Material Handler position includes working with planners, warehouse, machine shop and assembly to track and move parts and assemblies for work orders and sales orders through our production processes, in / out of in-process storage, to and from stock or to shipping, as applicable. The position also requires the following proficiencies:
- Monitor parts and assemblies to ensure efficient flow of parts for work order(s) and sales order(s) through production processes, in / out of in-process storage and to and from stock or to shipping, as applicable
- Ensure all parts processed are properly identified by part number and work order number
- Ensure that on completion of each work order for parts that are not being delivered to shipping / receiving is properly closed out
- Monitor parts and assemblies through our production process and move to in-process storage, the required production process or receiving / shipping as applicable
- Ensure recorded date required to verify that parts or components conform to the specified requirements, is filed and maintained as required or delivered to Receiving with the parts or components, as applicable
- Ensure all parts processed are relieved from proper bin location in proper quantity
- Ensure returned parts receive proper disposition
- Assist other departments as directed by Materials Supervisor
The successful candidate has a positive attitude, is open minded, willing to learn and is flexible along with the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Certificate of Completion
- Three (3) + years of related materials experience (shipping/receiving, inventory, WIP)
- Valid forklift license
- Previous experience with MRP/ERP systems
- Proven organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills (MS Office)
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization
Maclean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. We have three manufacturing facilities in Owen Sound, Collingwood and Barrie, ON.
Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safe and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry as well as the municipal, environmental and industrial sectors..
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for hours worked on the afternoon shift
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $200.00 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company paid uniforms
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.