Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: CNC Machinists
Day Shift: 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (4 x 10-hour shifts, Monday to Thursday)
Afternoon Shift: 4:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. (4 x 10-hour shifts, Monday to Thursday)
Weekend Shift: 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (3 x 12-hour shifts, Friday to Sunday)
* Employees are eligible to be compensated for 40 hours for the full 36 hours worked for the Weekend Shift*
Location: 1000 6TH Street East, Owen Sound, ON
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is looking for CNC machinists to join our production team at our Owen Sound, ON manufacturing facility. We are seeking an ambitious and progressive candidate to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
About the Position:
The CNC Machinist position involves setup and machining of a wide variety of components and requires the following proficiencies:
- Setup and machine a wide variety of metal and plastic components on various Fanuc based CNC machines, including Haas VMC’s and Okuma Lathes.
- Set up machine tools, offsets and jigs according to CNC setup sheets or as required to achieve part tolerances
- Machine and inspect components for conformance according to dimensions and tolerances prescribed on 3rd angle projection engineering drawings or other specifications as applicable
- Interpret CNC machine code for troubleshooting and communication to CNC Programmers
- Operate manual machining equipment as required
- Perform daily operator maintenance checks on equipment and report any concerns to maintenance for correction
- Calibrate measurement instruments as required in compliance with company procedures
- Safely rig and operate 5 ton overhead crane
- Identify and document improvement opportunities using established processes
- Implement and maintain 5S housekeeping principles at all times
- Cross train in other departments as required
- All tools and equipment are Company supplied
The successful candidate has a positive attitude, is open minded, willing to learn and is flexible along with the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience as a Machinist, or associated trade (i.e. Tool and Die Maker, or machining tool operator)
- 3+ years of experience setting up and running CNC machines
- 3+ experience setting up and running manual machines
- Experience with Cincinatti, Fadal, Hass, and Okuma is an asset.
- CQQ (or equivalent) as a Machinist or associated trade is an asset
- Crane Operator Training and Certification
Maclean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. We have three manufacturing facilities in Owen Sound, Collingwood and Barrie, ON. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safe and quality oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry as well as the municipal, environmental and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for afternoon and weekend shift employees
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $150 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.