Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: CWB Certified Welders
Day Shift: 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (4 x 10-hour shifts, Monday to Thursday)
Afternoon Shift: 4:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. (4 x 10-hour shifts, Monday to Thursday)
Weekend Shift: 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (3 x 12-hour shifts, Friday to Sunday)
* Employees are eligible to be compensated for 40 hours for the full 36 hours worked for the Weekend Shift*
Location: 1000 6th Street East, Owen Sound, ON
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is looking for CWB Certified Welders to join our production team at our Owen Sound, ON manufacturing facility. We are seeking ambitious and progressive candidates to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team fabricating parts and manufacturing heavy duty mobile mining vehicles for our customers worldwide.
About the Position:
In the role of a Welder, you will be working on a wide variety of weldments performing the following duties:
- Competently interpret detailed 3rd angle projection drawings to accurately layout and fit up components using pins, jigs, tape measure or other measurement tools as prescribed to achieve dimensional conformance
- Fit and Weld components according to dimensions and tolerances prescribed on engineering drawings, Weld Procedure Data Sheets (WPDS) or other specification as applicable.
- Operate Miller welding machines primarily using 0.045” wire to fuse metal components according to specifications and control heat as appropriate to minimize distortion
- Operate grinding equipment for joint and surface preparation as prescribed in CSA W59, WPDS or drawings
- Safely rig and operate 5 ton overhead crane and/or weld rotisserie
- Perform daily operator maintenance checks on equipment and report any concerns to maintenance for correction
- Identify and document improvement opportunities using established processes
- Cross train in other departments as required on a temporary basis
The successful candidate has a positive attitude, is open minded, willing to learn and is flexible with the following qualifications:
- Three (3) years plus experience with GMAW Flat Position working on large/heavy structural weldments
- Three (3) years plus of experience using engineering drawings in a manufacturing environment
- CWB Certified under CSA47.1 for GMAW Flat Position with valid tickets
- Blueprint reading is an asset
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and our newest facility in Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for afternoon and weekend shift employees
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $150 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.