Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Project Manager
Location: Collingwood, ON
MacLean Engineering is looking for talented and energetic Project Manager to add to the existing skills of our Product Management team. If you are looking to be challenged in a dynamic work environment and want to grow your career with a world-renowned company in the design and manufacturing of mobile mining equipment, this position is for you!
About the Position:
The Project Manager – Product Development, provides support to the Product Management and Engineering Departments in the scoping, planning, and delivery of product development projects, with a focus on new underground mining vehicles and technologies. With knowledge and experience in managing projects, the role provides leadership within the MacLean team to ensure that projects are executed on time, on budget and delivering new product or product upgrades that satisfies scope and stakeholder requirements.
The ideal candidate will have experience in several of the following areas:
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Plan for and ensure resource / skillset availability and allocation, amongst concurrent projects.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties / vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Hold responsibility for delivery of projects on-time and on-budget.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Manage communications with internal and external stakeholders during the life of the project.
- Collaborate with others to change internal processes as required to improve project delivery. Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation. Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared between MacLean departments.
- Meet with Engineering and Product Management to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Use and continually develop leadership skills.
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency / PMP designation.
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams, and process maps to document needs.
- Provide input into strategic plans for the continued expansion of MacLean product lines.
- Gathers customer feedback and performance data to ensure that product performance and specifications meet customer requirements.
- Participate in the Product Management team to develop and implement plans and actions in accordance with corporate initiatives.
- Travel, both domestic and internationally may be a requirement of this position. Visits to key customers in conjunction with product development projects may be required. This may include development of direct customer relationships with key clients.
- Stays current on industry developments, competitive offerings and issues affecting sales and customers.
- Provides on-going feedback to the Product Manager – Mine Operations (Certified PMP). Perform other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- Diploma or Degree in Engineering, Project Management, or related discipline.
- Five or more (5+) years’ experience in Project Management and/or related disciplines required.
- Experience with scrum and / or agile project teams is an asset.
- Holds, or working towards Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) designation.
- Experience with heavy mobile equipment or mining industry in a technical capacity beneficial.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- Proven ability to resolve roadblocks effectively & professionally
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency with MS Office, particularly MS Project and PowerPoint.
- High level of professionalism, honesty, and integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingualism is an asset (French and/or Spanish are desirable).
Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and our newest facility in Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- Competitive Vacation
- Flexible Group benefits Package
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Integrated Bonus
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.