Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Shipper / Receiver
# of Positions: 1
Afternoon Shift: Monday to Thursday, 4:10 p.m. to 2:10 a.m. (4x10 hour shifts)
Location: Collingwood, ON
MacLean Engineering is looking for a skilled and experienced Shipper / Receiver to join our growing team in Collingwood, Ontario. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position:
The Shipper / Receiver position involves receiving products, accurate data entry, putting part to stock, and shipping. This position requires the following proficiencies:
- Ship and receive purchased and manufactured parts, ensuring all are properly identified.
- Monitor parts and assemblies to ensure efficient flow of parts for work order(s) and sales order(s) through our production processes, in / out of in-process storage, to and from stock or to shipping, as applicable.
- Packing, packaging and labeling containers or parts to properly identify their destination and ensure their protection during shipment.
- Operate material handling devices such as overhead crane, and forklifts in compliance with applicable safety standards.
- Record all transactions as specified as per In-House Work Instruction.
- Ensure all parts processed are properly identified by part number and work order number.
- Perform and record cycle counts.
- Contain and dispose of identified non-conforming purchased parts.
- Promote and participate in Continuous Improvement, such as Lean Manufacturing and 5S principles and objectives etc. in conjunction with Materials Manager and Materials Team Leader.
- Assist other departments as directed by the Materials Manager or Materials Team Leader.
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- 3+ years related materials experience (shipping/receiving, inventory, WIP)
- Previous experience with MRP/ERP systems
- Previous forklift experience and license is preferred
- Proven computer skills
- Proven organization skills
- Self-motivated, able to work to and set priorities
- Team player, able to communicate and work co-operatively with all levels of the organization
- Flexibility to adapt to changing conditions and adjustments to deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced multi-task, participative, team environment
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity, and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $200 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
Positions are for the following shifts:
Afternoon Shift – Monday to Thursday, 4:10 p.m. - 2:10 a.m. (4x10 hour shifts)
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.