Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Software Developer
Location: Positions may be based in our Collingwood or Sudbury offices and is determined at the time of hiring based on the business needs. Should you be applying for a specific location please indicate that in your cover letter or resume.
MacLean Engineering is looking for talented and energetic Full Stack Software Developer to add to the existing skills of our Engineering team. This is a great opportunity to become part of an experienced and professional team of technical people who collectively strive to provide an exceptional level of design expertise to our customers. If you are looking to be challenged in a dynamic work environment and want to grow your career with a world-renowned company in the design and manufacturing of mobile mining equipment, this position is for you!
About the Position: The successful candidate will be working as a member of the Advanced Vehicle Technology team in our Collingwood, or Sudbury facility. This is a fast-moving, multi-disciplinary team deploying cutting edge technology on mobile machines in the underground hard-rock mining industry.
Working on a roadmap towards fully autonomous machines, the role will contribute to the design and support of our suite of fully electric, remote operation and automation systems for MacLean machines. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to be at the centre of a rapidly growing technology sector which is solving very real problems in underground mining.
The ideal candidate will have experience in several of the following areas:
- Designing efficient backend software solutions (python, C++, CODESYS)
- Scalable cloud based and serverless architectures (Azure, AWS)
- Docker, container orchestration, and Kubernetes
- Database management (PostgreSQL, SQL, NoSQL)
- Automated testing suites, environment management, and deployment pipelines (Jenkins, Azure)
- Architect, implement and maintain custom networking solutions
- Unix/Linux and Windows server development
- Protocols such as FTP, SFTP, OPC UA, HTTPS, and SSH
- Data modeling, analytics, and reporting (Python, Jupyter Notebooks)
- Designing and developing REST APIs
Typical duties in this role will include:
- Properly designing and implementing software to integrate with the larger system. Ensuring the robustness of solutions with quality testing.
- Support their solutions by working directly alongside customer support team members at site and during machine builds, making the necessary updates.
- Communicate with other internal departments such as Manufacturing, Purchasing, Business Systems and Customer Support Engineering
- Support the Quality objectives of the company
- Demonstrate leadership and mentorship in the execution of the overall design activities and provide technical oversight to less experienced members to support the goals of the team
The successful candidate must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- Engineering Diploma or Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- 3-5+ years of software development experience
- Proficient in MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Project, Sharepoint)
- Experience in deployment and supporting quality software products
- Able to communicate effectively with others both verbally and in writing with preference for those who can do so in more than one language
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and our newest facility in Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- Paid Overtime
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $200 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
Positions may be based in our Collingwood or Sudbury offices and is determined at the time of hiring based on the business needs. Should you be applying for a specific location please indicate that in your cover letter or resume.
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.