Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Mechanical Sub-Assembler
Number of Positions: 2
Shift: Day Shift - Monday through Thursday 5:50a.m. – 3:50p.m. (4x10 hour shifts)
Location: Collingwood, ON
MacLean Engineering is looking for two (2) skilled and experienced Mechanical Sub-Assemblers to join our growing production team in Collingwood, Ontario. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position:
The Mechanical Sub-Assembler is responsible for sub-assembling and assembling a wide range of mechanical and hydraulic products to engineering specification. This position requires the following proficiencies:
- Read and interpret basic engineering drawings/specifications.
- Operate material handling devices such as; overhead crane and gantry crane in compliance with applicable safety standards and best practices. Material handling includes safe rigging and transportation of various loads.
- Load and handle various work pieces as required using safe work practices, including appropriate selection of work holding apparatus.
- Accurately verify component fit-up and adjust within specification as required.
- Perform required adjustments and repairs to sub-assemblies and finished product as specified.
- Use of various pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical tools in compliance with applicable safety standards and best practices.
- Assemble, fit, and install basic mechanical and hydraulic sub-assemblies and components.
- Perform accurate labor booking as directed by department Supervisors.
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities.
- Able to comprehend and perform mechanical and hydraulic tasks on advanced sub-assemblies with minimal supervision.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering as required to communicate details of non-conformances found during the shift, and to help formulate corrective action taken.
- General familiarity with MEMCO parts and products in order to troubleshoot in other departments.
- Setup and operation of assembly-specific tools.
- Assemble, prepare and install basic sub-assembly components.
- Assemble and prepare (cut to length, crimp and label) hydraulic hose to meet quality standards.
- Ability to select, align, and secure fixtures, tooling, attachments and materials as required for assembly to specification.
- Verify functionality, compliance, and testing of components and sub-assemblies.
- Document serial numbers and accurately identify parts using systems established in sub-assembly department and in other departments.
- Adopt and practice good housekeeping and 5S principles.
- Abide by all applicable regulatory and company-specific safety standards.
- Abide by ISO 9001 Quality Management System and associated procedures.
- Willing to cross-train in other departments as needed on a temporary basis.
The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- Minimum High School Diploma or Certificate of Completion
- Previous mechanical experience specific to above listed responsibilities is required (i.e. working on cars, sleds, tractors, dirt bikes, etc.)
- Previous computer experience is an asset
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity, and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $200 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
Positions are for the following shift:
Day Shift - Monday through Thursday 5:50a.m. – 3:50p.m. (4x10 hour shifts)
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.