Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Welder / Fitter
Shifts: Afternoon Shift – Monday through Thursday, 4:20 p.m. - 2:20 a.m. (4x10 hour shifts)
Weekend Shift – Friday through Sunday, 6:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. (3x12 hour shifts)
Location: Collingwood, Ontario
MacLean Engineering is looking for several skilled and experienced Welders to join our growing production team in Collingwood, Ontario. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position:
The Welder / Fitter is responsible for operating welding equipment to weld ferrous / non-ferrous metals according to engineering specifications in compliance with all MEMCO policies and procedures. This position requires the following proficiencies:
- Read and interpret engineered drawings, blueprints, or welding process specifications with minimal supervision.
- Competent at efficiently and timely fitting and welding all parts designated for L1 by Supervisor.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas metal arc (GMAW), flux-cored arc (FAW), shielded metal arc (SMAW), and oxy-acetylene (OAW).
- Operate hand and bench grinder to shape and prepare metal parts for welding.
- Operate metal shaping or cutting machines such as bandsaw, and other metal straightening and bending machines.
- Operate flame/plasma cutting equipment for repairs.
- Operate material handling devices such as; overhead crane, gantry crane, and forklift in compliance with applicable safety standards and best practices. Material handling includes safe rigging and transportation of various loads.
- Assist with equipment/product repairs as needed.
- Document Engineering Change Requests according to applicable procedures under direction of Supervisor.
- Adopt and practice good housekeeping, 5S, and Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Ability to quickly grasp welding and fitting concepts and apply to multiple projects. Potential for improvement in lesser competence will be recognized by Supervisor.
- Abide by all applicable regulatory and company-specific safety standards.
- Abide by ISO 9001 Quality Management System and associated procedures.
- Contribute to continual improvement of safety, quality, product, production, and work environment.
- Willing to cross-train in other departments as needed on a temporary basis.
The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- Completion of a C of Q in Welding or some college/industry courses in welding is preferred
- One (1) + year experience fitting and welding is required
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity, and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for afternoon and weekend shift employees
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $200 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
- Eligible to be compensated for 40 hours for the full 36 hours worked for the Weekend Shift
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
Positions are for the following shift:
- Afternoon Shift – Monday through Thursday, 4:20 p.m. - 2:20 a.m. (4x10 hour shifts)
- Weekend Shift – Friday through Sunday, 6:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. (3x12 hour shifts)
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.