Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Documentation Technician
Location: Position may be based in Collingwood, Sudbury, Barrie or Owen Sound, Ontario and is determined at the time of hiring based on the business needs. Should you be applying for a specific location please indicate that in your cover letter or resume.
MacLean Engineering is looking for talented and energetic Documentation Technician to add to the existing skills of our Technical Publications team. This is a great opportunity to become part of an experienced and professional team who collectively strive to provide an exceptional level of technical publications our customers. If you are looking to be challenged in a dynamic work environment and want to grow your career with a world-renowned company in our industry, this position is for you!
About the Position:
The Documentation Technician is responsible for producing and publishing parts, maintenance and operational documentation for MacLean Engineering’s equipment. This documentation includes information for newly built equipment and updates to existing equipment documentation and includes the following:
- Develop and publish parts manuals for MacLean Engineering Equipment including converting AutoCAD and SolidWorks drawings for import into Documoto.
- Create maintenance manuals for equipment using an extensive library of maintenance bulletins.
- Printing of all documentation, including Operator’s, Parts, and Maintenance Manuals.
- Update the parts database, and print updates for equipment in the field, based on information provided by Subject Matter Experts.
- Responsible for keeping existing documentation current.
- Deliver all documentation according manufacturing and shipping dates.
The successful candidate must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- Post-Secondary Education in Engineering, Business or related discipline
- Previous relevant work experience in either Parts, Engineering, Inventory Management, or Publications is an asset.
- Good computer literacy with experience using AutoCAD, Solidworks, Adobe Acrobat, and MS Office is desired.
- Familiarity with the Documoto parts book application is an asset.
- Experience with desktop publishing is an asset.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and our newest facility in Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- Paid Overtime
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $200 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
Position may be based in our Collingwood, Sudbury, Barrie, or Owen Sound and is determined at the time of hiring based on the business needs.
Should you be applying for a specific location, please indicate that in your cover letter or resume.
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.