Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Quality Systems Coordinator
Hours: Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Location: Collingwood, Ontario
MacLean Engineering is looking for a skilled and experienced Quality Systems Coordinator to join our team in Collingwood Ontario. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team working with engineering, production, and various other groups, including vendors and customers. This quality-focused role supports the design and manufacture of heavy mobile mining equipment, municipal equipment, and our developing diversified product line to various customers internationally. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic and challenging work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position:
The successful candidate would be responsible for assisting in driving continuous improvement initiatives that reflect MacLean’s Engineering’s objectives, mission, vision, and values, implementing and administering standardized processes to implement ISO, QMS and other Quality related initiatives. This is a great opportunity to get involved with product and process development and to learn more about the business! The following proficiencies are required:
- Conduct QMS/9001 internal audits and assist internal auditors with finalizing findings.
- Deliver training to employees to improve QMS awareness and competence as needed.
- Evaluate and administrate the content within the PPR database. Assigning tasks, reviewing completeness, map trends and report on opportunities for improvement.
- Follow-up with departments for PPR completing tasks and corrective action implementations.
- Assist with creation of process flows, work instructions, quality standards (drafting, editing, sending through approval process etc.)
- Assist with 9001 roll outs to sites and branches.
- Assist in the development and execution of Quality Improvement processes.
- Assess compliance issues and non-conformances and implement measurable and sustainable corrective actions.
- Perform basic root cause analysis to identify areas where corrective actions and OFI’s can be implemented.
- Perform gap analysis of processes and their controls.
- Assist with creating and maintaining calibration records in each of the facilities.
- Assist with vendor audits as required.
- Assist with external ISO audit preparation.
- Occasional travel between Ontario sites as required.
- Provide regular reporting of activities, issues and relevant updates to Supervisor.
The successful candidate(s) must have a positive / open-minded team-attitude with excellent communication and time management skills. Willingness to learn, attention to detail, and a high technical aptitude are also required. The successful candidate will have a firm understanding of how to approach problems with different audiences and navigate toward the solution strategically. The following qualifications are preferred:
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience working in a Quality or QMS role.
- Strong understanding of Product Quality and requirements.
- Previous experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of fundamental Quality principles, systems, methods, supplier relations, training, root-cause analysis, risk assessment and continuous improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite; SharePoint, Visio are assets.
- Knowledge of ISO9001 Quality Management System.
- Working knowledge of Environmental Management Systems.
- Business, Engineering, Quality or Science related degree, diploma, certificate or equivalent
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $150 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.