Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Custodian
# of Positions: 1
Location: Collingwood, ON
MacLean Engineering is looking for a skilled and experienced Custodian to join our growing team in Collingwood, Ontario. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team, manufacturing heavy mobile mining equipment for our customers. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position:
The Custodian position involves a mixture of routine duties and project work as assigned by the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor. This position requires the following proficiencies:
- General plant and office custodial duties:
- Sweeping/mopping floors
- Cleaning railings, windows, machines, etc.
- Cleaning washrooms/locker rooms o
- Disinfecting cafeteria area
- Empty garbage and recycling bins
- Lawn/yard maintenance and salting icy areas
- Project work may include:
- Running errands
- Assisting peers with general handyman work
The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- One (1) + years’ previous industrial cleaning experience
- Previous experience working safely in a manufacturing environment at a maintenance, mechanical or custodial capacity
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for Weekend Shift employees
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $200 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
Positions are for the following shifts:
Weekend Shift – Friday through Sunday 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (3 x 12 hour shifts, paid for 40 hours)
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.