Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Web Designer
Location: Collingwood, Ontario
MacLean Engineering is looking for a talented and experienced Front End Web Designer, to join our IT team within our Collingwood Ontario Head Office. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team working cross functionally throughout the organization. This person will be responsible for front-end web development with a passion for development and design. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic and challenging work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position: The Web Designer would be responsible for web design and development and has an eye for creating clean UX driven websites, micro-sites, landing pages, and email templates. The ideal candidate maintains an attractive web portfolio, is deadline and detail-oriented; wants to learn more about UX, CMS, and data driven user experience.
- Work with the marketing and e-commerce department to integrate the HTML content of the website's digital banners and other marketing initiatives.
- Work with the back-end development group to wrap an attractive and functional UI around our internal portal applications.
- Maintain and support our corporate web presence as well as our customer, employee and vendor portals.
- Understanding of modern web standards and best practices.
- Able to work collaboratively and independently.
- Must be able to handle changing requirements.
- Detail and quality oriented.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
About You: The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with any one of the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of relevant, front end web design experience designing rich user experiences on modern CMS platforms such as WordPress.
- Experience with modern front-end libraries such as Bootstrap (version 3+)
- Experience creating user flows, mockups, wireframes and prototypes.
- Experience designing feature rich customer facing SPAs and PWAs.
- Knowledge of modern JS frameworks such as Angular, React, etc. an asset.
- Knowledge of Adobe CS / CC Software (In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) an asset.
- Knowledge of databases (NoSQL or SQL) an asset
- Open-minded person who is ready to learn new technologies to create the best solutions.
About Us: MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP and GRRSP (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.