Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Welder/Fitter
Afternoon Shift Monday to Thursday 4:00 pm – 2:00 am (4x10 hour shifts)
Weekend Shift Friday to Sunday 6:00 am – 6:00 pm (3x12 hour shifts)
Location: Collingwood, Ontario
MacLean Engineering is looking for skilled and experienced Welder/Fitter to join our growing production team in Collingwood Ontario. This is a great opportunity to be part of our growing team, fabricating parts and manufacturing heavy mobile mining equipment proudly owned by our Customers world-wide. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position:
The Welder/Fitter position involves working on a wide variety of weldments and requires the following proficiencies:
- Read and interpret Engineering drawings, blueprints, or welding process specifications with minimal supervision.
- Competent at efficiently and timely fitting and welding all parts designated for L2 by supervisor.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas metal arc (GMAW), flux-cored arc (FAW), shielded metal arc (SMAW), and oxy-acetylene (OAW).
- Operate hand and bench grinder to shape and prepare metal parts for welding.
- Operate metal shaping or cutting machines such as a bandsaw, and other metal straightening and bending machines.
- Operate flame/plasma cutting equipment for repairs.
- Operate material handling devices such as; overhead crane, gantry crane, and forklift in compliance with applicable safety standards and best practices. Material handling includes safe rigging and transportation of various loads.
- Assist with equipment and product repairs as needed.
- Document Engineering Change Requests according to applicable procedures under direct of Supervisor.
- Lead by example with good housekeeping, 5S, and Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Ability to work independently and perform fitting and welding tasks with a high level of competence as designated by the Supervisor.
- Conduct welding, repair, and inspection of all structural joints to CWB standards.
- Abide by all applicable regulatory & company-specific standards.
- Abide by ISO 9001 Quality Management System and associated procedures.
- Contribute to continual improvement of safety, quality, product, production, work environment, and lead by examples to others.
- Willing to cross-train in other departments as needed on a temporary basis.
The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- 1+ years of experience with GMAW Flat Position, working on large / heavy structural weldments.
- 1+ years of experience working in a production environment from engineering drawings.
- CWB Certified under CSA 47.1 for GMAW Flat Position, with valid tickets.
- Completion of welding theory is an asset
- Completion of blueprint reading is an asset
- Crane Operator training and certification
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and our newest facility in Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for afternoon and weekend shift employees
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $150 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.