Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Electrical Assemblers
Shift: Day Shift – Monday through Thursday 5:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. (4x10 hour shifts)
Afternoon Shift – Monday through Thursday 4:20 p.m. - 2:20 a.m. (4x10 hour shifts)
Location: Collingwood, Ontario
MacLean Engineering is looking for skilled and experienced Electrical Assemblers to join our growing production team in Collingwood, Ontario. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position:
The Electrical Assembler is responsible for assembly and installation of electrical equipment, parts, and components. Performing various tests of electrical parts and components to ensure conformance to prescribed standards in compliance with all MEMCO policies and procedures.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings/schematics to build, install, and test various electrical circuits, panels, and assemblies with minimal supervision.
- Perform fabrication functions on enclosures such as; drilling, screwing, sealing, and stamping.
- Perform basic continuity testing to ensure workmanship and materials.
- Operate testing equipment (i.e. Multimeter) to inspect and troubleshoot final assembly/circuits, panels, and assemblies with minimal supervision.
- Advise on proper operation of parts, assemblies, systems, and equipment.
- Check mechanical dimensions and perform “go-no-go” electrical tests.
- Operate material handling devices such as; overhead crane and gantry crane, in compliance with applicable safety standards and best practices. Material handling includes safe rigging and transportation of various loads.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering as required to communicate details of non-conformances found during the shift, and to help formulate corrective action taken.
- Adopt and practice good housekeeping and 5S principles.
- Abide by all applicable regulatory and company-specific safety standards.
- Abide by ISO 9001 Quality Management System and associated procedures.
- Contribute to continual improvement of safety, quality, product, production, and work environment.
- Willing to cross-train in other departments as needed on a temporary basis.
The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- Five (5) + years’ previous hands on electrical experience
- 309a or 442a certificate of qualification is preferred
- Previous computer experience is an asset
- Diploma or degree in Electrical Engineering Technology/Techniques is preferred
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity, and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for afternoon shift employees
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $200 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
Positions are for the following shift:
- Day Shift – Monday through Thursday 5:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. (4x10 hour shifts)
- Afternoon Shift – Monday through Thursday 4:20 p.m. - 2:20 a.m. (4x10 hour shifts)
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.