Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
MacLean Engineering is looking for a skilled and experienced Senior Business Analyst to join our team in Collingwood, Ontario. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team working cross functionally throughout the organization. This position is responsible for working with internal customers to establish business systems requirements. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic and challenging work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position: The Senior Business Analyst position requires you to be able to analyze business processes, identify and document gaps, research related hardware/software, work with the development staff to plan and build software to support processes, initiate and execute implementation plans, provide end user training as well as making recommendations to senior management and/or the executive team. You would be working as part of a small team and have the ability to communicate effectively to people at all levels. This position requires the following proficiencies:
- Document internal business user and functional specification using interviews, document analysis, workshops, and task and workflow analysis in moderate to highly complex environments.
- Interact with the user of the functional applications to understand their needs and to anticipate ways in which technological solutions can enhance business processes.
- Provide excellent cross-organizational communications and subject matter expertise (internal consulting).
- Conduct Gap/Fit Analysis.
- Use Agile management methodology alongside the development group to help steer the development projects through to completion.
- Conduct, or lead teams in the delivery of projects and present status reports and variance explanations for the management team.
- Assess, analyze, evaluate and recommend improvements to current methodology, process, standards and policies.
- Assist staff in understanding business processes and logic.
- Provide implementation support and assist with post implementation support for current and future projects.
- Travel will be required to other MEMCO offices both domestically and internationally
About You: The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- Post-Secondary education in Business Management, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a minimum 7 years of relevant experience.
- Project Management experience or designation (PMP) an asset.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment with multiple locations an asset.
- Previous experience with Dynamics AX.
- Solid understanding of Application principles, SDLC and Software documentation.
- Solid understanding of Agile Development Methodology.
- Fundamental understanding of procedures and terminology of structured programming languages, and the ability to assume responsibility for increasingly complex assignments.
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and our newest facility in Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for afternoon and weekend shift employees
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $150 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.