Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Location: Collingwood, Ontario
MacLean Engineering is looking for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor, to lead our Warehouse & Materials team within our Collingwood, Ontario facility. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team, leading the supply of aftermarket parts for heavy mobile mining equipment to various customers internationally, and to our other Ontario manufacturing plants. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position:
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for planning, directing and supervising all shipping and receiving activities within the warehouse, and within the yard.
- Reporting to the Plant manager, lead by example, motivate, mentor and engage a team of skilled and unskilled Employees.
- Plan, direct and supervise all shipping and receiving activities within the warehouse and within the yard.
- Maximize utilization and efficiency, by ensuring overall skillset is correctly distributed amongst a variety of conflicting priority work tasks.
- Communicate clear goals, expectations and instruction to Team members. Communicate effectively and constructively with peers and other members of the management team. Attend production and other related meetings and contribute in a cooperative and positive manner.
- Monitor work flow, and review priorities, to ensure work is completed in timely manner.
- Monitor, measure and track team performance and accuracy, and report out on same on daily basis.
- Ensure timely and accurate execution of cycle counts, inventory adjustments, and upkeep of shipping and receiving
- Organize and lead year end and other physical inventory counts.
- Approve time cards. Review and approve vacation requests based up production demands. Monitor and act upon excessive absenteeism or chronic tardiness.
- Review and assess the performance of Employees on a one to one basis, during and after probation period. Coach, mentor, develop Performance Improvement Plans and deliver corrective action when and as required. Prepare and present detailed, objective and fair annual performance appraisals to each Employee.
- Monitor quality of workmanship and hold Employees accountable for same.
- Delegate weekly HS&E inspections, and review monthly JH&S Committee inspections, followed by prompt development and execution of action plans to address any deficiencies and non-conformances found.
- Enforce correct use of PPE and ensure safe work practices are being followed at all times, correcting Employee behavior as necessary.
- In the case of injury, ensure Employee receives prompt first aid treatment. Prepare First Aid reports. Investigate and prepare incident reports, followed by prompt development and execution of corrective action plans to address root cause (i.e. training,
- Engineered controls, and/or creation and delivery of “Safety Alerts”).
- Prepare and deliver offer of modified duties, and otherwise work with HS&E Officer to develop return to work program.
- Conduct formal H&S risk analysis, developing and executing action plans as may be required to eliminate risk of Employee injury.
- Provide “New Hire” orientation. Deliver or otherwise ensure all new Employees receive prescribed general and work specific safe work training. “Safe Work Culture” facility wide. Follow up on Employee feedback with HS&E Officer as a result of Employee meetings.
- Achieve profit enhancement through cost reduction. Analyze work flow, and research new methods and procedures, to enhance productivity and maximize efficiency. Formulate process improvements and implement.
The successful candidate(s) must be able to lead a team, willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with any one of the following qualifications:
- Minimum High School Diploma or Certificate of Completion
- Diploma or Degree in Materials Management program an asset
- Three to Five (3-5) years’ experience in a shipping/receiving and coordination/planning capacity is required
- Previous experience in an MRP/ERP environment is required
- Previous supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, MRP/ERP) is required
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and our newest facility in Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $150 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.