Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Technical Publications Manager
Reports to: Director, Marketing and Communications
Location: Collingwood, Ontario (could be based out of Sudbury, Barrie, Owen Sound or
Val d’Or, Quebec)
MacLean Engineering is looking for a skilled and experienced Technical Publications Manager to join our team in Collingwood Ontario. This is a great opportunity to be part of a small growing team working with various groups within the organization. This position is responsible for creating and maintaining documentation for all MacLean Engineering equipment including underground mobile mining equipment, municipal equipment and attachments as well as industrial equipment. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic and challenging work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position:
The purpose of this position is to manage the Technical Publications team in all aspects of creating, revising, and publication of our technical manuals (parts, operators, maintenance). This department represents the formal way in which our products are conveyed to the end customer and as such clarity, accuracy, and timeliness are of paramount importance.
The tasks/responsibilities associated with this position include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling and directing the publication activities based on the priorities of capital orders, aftermarket orders, and other requests such that all end customers receive the requested materials on time
- Developing improved methods for the creation of the published material including the use of off-site resources (e.g. for translations), standardized manuals that can be pre-printed, etc to improve the total output capacity of the team
- Assessing the staffing requirements of the team, the tools needed by the team, and the overall performance of the team using agreed upon metrics
- Establishing a clear and effective lines of communication between other department managers who are direct inputs or recipients of the published material
- Supporting and facilitating all tasks and responsibilities found within the Publications Technician job description
The successful candidate must have strong communication skills with a positive attitude and ability to build and maintain good working relationships with all levels in the organization, ability to proof read in a detailed manner, and provide constructive feedback to progressively improve the quality of the published material, excellent organizational skills with regards to electronic files/folders, ability to lead, coach and mentor a team along with the following qualifications:
- Minimum grade 12 education, post-secondary education or continuous education preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience managing technical publications activities either as a sole proprietor or as part of an organization
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe, Microsoft Publisher, Corel Draw, AutoCAD, CatBase, and R4i
- French or Spanish as an additional language is an asset
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and our newest facility in Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.