Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Engineering Coordinators
Location: Collingwood, ON
MacLean Engineering is looking for talented and energetic Engineering Coordinators to add to the existing skills of our Engineering team. This is a great opportunity to become part of an experienced and professional team of technical people who collectively strive to provide an exceptional level of design expertise to our customers. If you are looking to be challenged in a dynamic work environment and want to grow your career with a world-renowned company in our industry, this position is for you!
About the Position:
The successful candidate(s) will be required to support the Production Engineering Managers and the Engineering Department as a whole in relation to administrative, project coordination and scheduling tasks.
The role also acts as a liaison between Engineering and other departments where there is cross-functional work. To the abilities of the individual person there can be higher degrees of technical content and systems aptitude within this role. This role will also require the following proficiencies:
- Assist PEMs with scheduling of engineering projects and resources and run associated reports to monitor progress
- Responsible for the creation, updating, and closure of electronic files for capital builds (quotes, build cards, inspection records, etc)
- Monitor, action, and follow up of PPRs within the department and to other internal departments as directed by the PEM group
- Organize and document meetings on behalf of the PEMs or Engineering department as requested
- Assist with initiation and follow up of part requirements when requested by PEMs and other internal resources
- Creation of top level or other engineering BOMs using CAD or alternate methods as instructed by PEMs
- Create, update and distribute key Engineering standards, guidelines, and other documents to the department to ensure consistency in work performed by the group
- Create and maintain records for projects designated as SRED claims
The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- Engineering Diploma or Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- 2+ years previous project coordination experience is an asset
- Experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing environmentcapital build process
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of understanding BOMs (Level 1), capable of creating and revising BOMs using 2D or 3D CAD (Level 2)
- Able to use Microsoft Office software for existing templates (Level 1), able to create new templates with increased levels of integration to other files and systems (Level 2)
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and our newest facility in Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks’ vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for afternoon and weekend shift employees
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- Company Paid Uniforms
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.