Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Product Support Technician
Shifts: Day Shift – Monday through Friday (5 x 8 hour shifts)
Location: Collingwood, Ontario
MacLean Engineering is looking for a skilled and experienced Product Support Technician to join our growing production team in Collingwood, Ontario. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position:
The Product Support Technician is responsible for supporting current products from the Mining Division, providing technical support to internal staff and customers in the office and at the customer’s site. This position requires the following proficiencies:
- Working with Capital Engineering on the development of new product lines.
- Support manufacturing plant to build a new prototype/existing machines.
- Assist engineering department with root cause investigation.
- Provide technical summary reports.
- Review and analyze field commissioning reports to determine trends.
- Prepare feedback for operational improvements and/or deficiencies to Product Marketing Manager and/or Product Engineering Manager.
- Provides technical feedback to Product Marketing and Product Engineering regarding equipment performance and reliability.
- Review spare parts recommendations and assist with developing lifetime operation cost models on new equipment.
- Assess the equipment fleet and provide a feasible solution to the mine site.
- Provide field service and training departments with maintenance and operation information on new products and updated components.
- Ability to travel to customer site/MacLean branches to provide direct technical support globally.
- Go underground to troubleshoot, repair, and provide a recommendation to prevent recurrently.
- Handle customer inspections of new equipment, a follow-up to ensure the work is completed before shipment.
- Field follow-up on recent deliveries, provide feedback on performance, recommended spares list for new machines.
- Product introduction, either 1st type to an existing mine or 1st MEMCO unit to a new customer.
- Technical product training external and internal resources.
The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- Preferred Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (HDEM) or Mechanical Engineering Technologist, Licensed Journeyman electrician 309A or 442A Industrial Electrician
- Five to Ten (5-10) years’ experience in mining equipment
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency with MS Office
- Ability to train and transfer knowledge to others
- Strong investigation and diagnostic skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity, and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $200 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
Positions are for the following shift:
- Day Shift, Monday through Friday (5 x 8 hour shifts)
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.